PDA

View Full Version : FARNAIR's Job as F/O

fltopsdani
13th Sep 2007, 22:08
Dear all,:)
I’m a young pilot JAA ATPL with ATR type rating. But just 150 hours on the ATR. I was thinking to send a CV to FARNAIR Europe. Is there someone that knows better this company? Like Salary, working conditions, team work, etc….

I am looking forward to hearing everything:ok:

Cheers

Dan

Global Pilot
14th Sep 2007, 03:00
I don't know the exact working conditions at Farnair for ATR but I know a few f/os on the F27 and while it is a job, there is quite a bit of uncertainty!
If you have 150 hours on the ATR I would strongly urge you to try Air Contractors. There has been alot of recruitment recently and I believe it will continue into the Autumn/Winter.
ACL ATR f/os are probably the best paid turbo prop pilots in Europe!

fltopsdani
15th Sep 2007, 04:45
Uncertainly??? :eek::eek::eek:I read on the web site “20 years company”. Well, it seams that is an old one.
Well but if Farnair will propose me a contract do you think is better to refused? You know, I don’t want to go in a “critical” company but the other hands I need a job:hmm:.

Thanks man

Bwatchful
15th Sep 2007, 04:53
A good friend of mine flies for Farnair Hungary on the F-27. He likes it. You have to be prepared to live in hotels and live a kind of Gypsy life style but the base pay isn't bad, plus you get flight pay and a per diem. The aircraft are well maintained and you get to go to some really interesting places. He works for 2 weeks and gets 1 week off. The company pays your way to and from your European home. They treat their pilots well and are respectful.

DIRRIK
15th Sep 2007, 10:00
Hi there
For the ATR, the only base is BASEL (maybe CGN). So if you dont live there already, you will have to relocate at your own expense. Flying is 90 percent cargo for UPS. With uncertainty globalpilot maybe meant the rostering which makes (made) commuting difficult. Friendly working atmosphere among the pilots and cabin crew and they also have from time to time some nice adhoc charter flights.
Good luck
Dirk

fltopsdani
15th Sep 2007, 15:32
I checked on AIRLNER.NET Farnair’s pictures and I saw ATR-42, seams pax on the pictures. That is not bad doing charter…. It is not the same rotation every day.
Based in CGN if it will be possible can be ok for me. It is not too far from my place.
Nice atmosphere that a good point for a company. I hope it will be not just between crew members but also between the dispatch department and flight crew. It is a very important link between company and flight crew.

Are the cabin crew nice girls??:}:}:O:O

Thanks for now boys, please let me know additional info if you have.:ok:

hardcase
18th Sep 2007, 11:55
get in touch with Air Contractors; a good company to work for with nice routes & decent pay....

they are always looking for pilots with time on type....