PDA

View Full Version : Options AMM-LHR

k3lvc
12th Sep 2007, 17:01
Looking for alternatives to the direct service (currently BMED, soon to be BMI) which is operated by an A320 charging Club World prices for a distinctly Club Europe service. Need to leave Amman late on a Monday evening and options appear to be via Riyadh, Jeddah, Beirut, Damascus or Dubai but then other than the DXB I struggle for a connection back to LHR. Alternative is AF from AMM-CDG but by that stage I'll have been with the boss for 4 days and could do with the space.

Any suggestions or do I just accept 6hrs on an A320 ?

crewmeal
12th Sep 2007, 20:21
Whats wrong with flying Royal Jordanian? I have found the service on board far superior to BA or AF. Ground staff handling is good in AMM. Air Canada who handle RJ at LHR are ok as well. They usually fly an A310 or A321 on the route. Also the fares are a lot cheaper as well.

As an ex cabin crew member I can say that RJ are one of the best carriers around the region I have ever used.

Hartington
13th Sep 2007, 05:41
It depends a bit on what you mean by "late" and what fare (and even political) options you can swallow. There is a 2200 Royal Jordanian flight to Tel Aviv, spend the night there and then there are El Al flights to both Stansted and Heathrow at 0915.

Also there's a 2115 RJ to Beirut and ME and BA flights next AM.

I should also say I'm looking at 24/9.

2035 to Cairo on Egyptair then next AM 0735 BA and 0925 MS back to London

2015 to Larnaca on RJ but that requires a stop somewhere else in Europe to get home; the non stops leave later in the day unless you don't go to bed and get the 0400 CY flight to London.

ladyflyby
13th Sep 2007, 19:44
What's wrong with BMED?!!! It isn't a 6 hour flight either, we always make good time on the outbound flight; AMM is always on an A321, do not believe what it says on the BA website. Why go through the hassle of having to transfer in Damascus or Jeddah when you can just get a flight direct to AMM? If you don't like BMED, just go for Royal Jordanian.

k3lvc
14th Sep 2007, 17:02
Looks like it's an overnight in AMM then fly out RJ the next morning.

No disrespect intended ladyflyby but when I compare the BA777 outwards from LHR to KWI with the BMED A320/1 on the inbound (AMM-LHR) for the same price there's no comparison in service. As I said IMHO Club Europe service for Club World prices. Staff are fine but you've not got the same tools to work with.

ladyflyby
16th Sep 2007, 18:08
Agreed. AMM and THR are probably our busiest flights and they certainly need an A330... that's where bmi come in :hmm: ...by spring hopefully