PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming airshow

Jetex Jim
11th Sep 2007, 15:57
50th Anniversary of WTD 61

On Saturday, 15 September 2007, on the occasion of its 50th anniversary, WTD 61 will be organizing an Open Day at its premises in Manching.
09:30 Uhr Admission of visitors
13:00 Uhr Start of flight shows
18:00 Uhr Conclusion

Program

Filght shows

Combat Aricraft
Tornado, F-4F Phantom, Eurofighter
Helicopters
UH-1D, CH-53G, Bo-105, Tiger, NH-90, EC 135, EC 145
Transport Aircraft
Transall
Historical Aircraft
Me-108, Me-109, FW-190, Me-163 BS, North American T6, CM 170 Fouga MagisterExhibitions

Combat Aircraft
Tornado, F-4F Phantom, Eurofighter, F-104 Starfighter (Lehrwerkstatt),
Su-22, Alpha Jet (Lehrwerkstatt)
Helicopters
NH-90, Tiger, CH-53, UH-1D (MAT), Bo-105, EC 135, Sea Lynx, Sea King, ACT/FHS
Transport and Special Aircraft
Transall, A 310 MedEvac, AWACS, Breguet Atlantic, Falcon E, Do-27, P-3 Orion
UAVs
AirRobot, Banshee, CL-289, KZO, Mikado, Aladin, Luna
Historical Aircraft
Me-108, Me-109, Me-163, Me-262, FW-190, Fouga Magister, T-6
Equipment, Vehicles
Engines, measuring and test equipment, special and operational vehicles etc.Demonstrations
Information Booths
Children's Programm

Information on flight demonstrations and aircraft types may change.

Important travel note

For a better control of the expected spectator traffic, federal route B 16 will be closed for traffic in the airfield area from 8:00 AM until 07:00 PM on this day.
The local highways department will provide detour signposts.
Traffic coming from the East will be directed from the Münchsmünster exit via the B 16A, Vohburg, Großmehring, Mailing to the BAB 9, destination Munich and back to the B 16 at the Manching junction. Traffic coming from the West is deviated from the B16 to the B13 at Oberstimm and via the B300 at Reichertshofen via Geisenfeld back to the B16 at Münchsmünster. Visitors coming to the airfield from the North via the BAB 9 are directed via the Ingolstadt Süd exit; visitors coming from the South should take the Manching exit. Visitors coming from the East or West via the B 16 will be directed to the area closed for the parking space access route.

Jetex Jim
11th Sep 2007, 15:59
I think that the Me163 which is a replica will NOT be flying using the original power system but will be towed aloft by a glider tug. It does do a pretty spectacular high speed display after its been cut loose.

kevmusic
11th Sep 2007, 18:02
Thanks for the heads-up, JJ..... though I can't make it as I'm in the UK. Erm....., 15th September is a pretty important date for other airshow-connected reasons too.......:)

JOE-FBS
12th Sep 2007, 07:32
In the UK, there is a two day show at Shoreham, the relevance to this thread and the date this Saturday being that it is for the benefit of the RAFA.

http://www.shorehamairshow.com/

Bluejay
12th Sep 2007, 08:33
Shoreham - great show I will be there again this year as I have been for at least the last 3 or 4 years. Disappointed to see that there is no Harrier on the flying display list though!!!

WASALOADIE
12th Sep 2007, 09:24
It would be a good one for the BBMF to attend

oct2pus
12th Sep 2007, 09:49
BBMF are at shoreham both days. Spitfire and Hurricane to land and overnight there for first time. There will be a big "scramble" with 7-8 spitfires, 2 hurricanes a couple of me-108s and an me-109, complete with pyrotechnics and dad's army, period dressed ground crews etc. They did it last year but it's supposed to be much bigger this year.

B17 Sally B, B25 mitchell are flying together and a p51 mustang and p40 kittyhawk/tomahawk? are there too.

I've already got tickets, going to be a good day.

Note typhoon will ONLY be there on saturday. I agree it's a shame about the harrier - my kid's favourite and a true star at last year's shoreham and eastbourne airshows.

J

OCCWMF
12th Sep 2007, 10:32
Rumour has it the bona jets are quite busy at the mo.

gareth herts
12th Sep 2007, 11:34
There is no solo Harrier display on the circuit this season - it was chopped along with the Tornado displays, although they did participate in the Role Demonstrations.

The Adjutant
12th Sep 2007, 11:38
Look out for the RAuxAF Recruiting stand at Shoreham. The I of R is maxed out this weekend, so the good old Auxiliaries have been asked to take the lead. Come and get your free sticker or key ring from the nice man (or woman) on the stand who will be only too pleased to tell you what a great time it can be working for the RAF part time as a reservist. For example, while you have paid to get into the display, the guys and gals on the stand will have got in free, and will be getting paid to watch the show.
Seriously though folks, 600 (City of London) Sqn will be there and will be recruiting to fill vacancies in both airman and officer ranks in Ops, Int, Comms, Logs and Admin trades. Ex regulars welcome, but no previous experience is necessary.
Join now and get a free trip to Iraq or the Stan!!
Yours,
The Adjutant

talk_shy_tall_knight
12th Sep 2007, 12:15
Rejoice!!!

I can confirm that contrary to earlier information, the Shoreham Airshow will be attended by.................the RAF Recruiting Service.:ok: