PDA

View Full Version : CHC Best Locations

SARBlade
10th Sep 2007, 03:30
I have recently just taken up with CHC and was curious as to the pros and cons of their operational locations. I know that I am probably going to be slated for West Africa, as it seems that is the prime location for "newbies" (Hopefully I won't be that bad on the radio ;)). I am more interested in which base has the best location, accomodations, flight schedule etc. Any insight is greatly appreciated. TIA

bb in ca
10th Sep 2007, 08:57
Be prepared to lower your expectations.
You may be working for CHC global ops but really you're playing in Cape Town's sandbox - except Nigeria as unstable load has very correctly pointed out below.

unstable load
10th Sep 2007, 17:20
bb,

Hardly.
Cape Town has no connection with Nigeria outside of the fact that the MD for CHC Africa business unit is a Nigerian who himself is ex North Sea. The Nigeria business unit do it all themselves, if anyone's sandbox it will be the ex-Schriener lot who keep the key to the toyshed.

the delaminator
11th Sep 2007, 06:48
Malabo ain't bad as far as West Africa goes. reasonable restaurants resonable day rate and generally OK. Of course you can find something bad to say about anywhere.......and some always do.

Tynecastle
11th Sep 2007, 22:10
Maybe W Africa is not that bad after all, seems more than a few are willing to work there, rather than the prime spots in Asia.
Money maybe be an issue, but probably not the main one.

Perro Rojo
12th Sep 2007, 05:14
SARBlade,

This is going to be a short thread. Asking which is the best base is like asking where the best fishing hole is.......................................................... .....That's right, dead silence.

You'll have to be around for awhile to find out that kind of info.

P.S. I'm at the best base and like my favorite fishing hole I ain't saying a thing.

Super 61
12th Sep 2007, 06:44
PR

My fishing hole is better than yours, and it's about to get re stocked !!

Perro Rojo
12th Sep 2007, 23:21
I see on the Sim schedules that you are moving on to a bigger and newer fish. Have fun.

Tynecastle
13th Sep 2007, 00:52
Super 61.
Not sure about fishing holes, lets forget about helicopters for one one night. How about the Parc des Princes tonght, don't come much bigger than that. Outstanding defence with Gordon majestic
What a performance!!!!!!!! and what a goal.

africacorps
13th Sep 2007, 01:27
Hampden- Ecosse 1-France- 0
Parc de France- France-0- Ecosse 1
Brilliant results pity about the Ukranians tho`
Good old Dstv in Mauritania,even the Rugby World cup!!!!!!!!!:):):)

the delaminator
13th Sep 2007, 03:59
HA HA. Your base sucks Piggo rougio. And I'll bet you miss supper at the Boof Burger these days.

wait'll ya see where I end up.

Perro Rojo
13th Sep 2007, 18:27
Ah yes, nothing beats the taste of an Iranian imitation cheese burger in the morning, smells like...crap.