10th Sep 2007, 02:52
Ok the markings on it are

The Type and part number.

MBB CO415

EX RAF MOD Surplus

Type mrca nhc adv

Now I realise that

MBB is the German Company Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm and

Under type MRCA was the designation for the Multi Role Combat Aircraft, which became the Tornado, ADV was the Air Defence Variant.......
So thats what I went by..

But it does not look like the ones at least in the front cockpits.....

Picture below

Thank you for your time

http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/ag/5d/10d9_1.JPG

BluntM8
10th Sep 2007, 05:16
NHC might stand for Navigator Hand Controller, in which case that's what it would be. 2 axis control of the radar marker, some switches for selecting radar mode/prf/gain etc. Could be it.

Edit to add: I realise that it's not the nhc from the GR4, but I've no idea what the one in the F3 looks like!

Just a guess.

Blunty

Min Decent Ht
10th Sep 2007, 11:36
Yep, I can confirm its the joystick for the F3 Nav's (sorry, 'WSO') to control the radar and slew the marker. Better than having a computer to do it, although you only have to punch the information once into a computer.

Solid Rust Twotter
10th Sep 2007, 12:04
Whereas information needs to be punched into a Nav/WSO frequently...:E

Fishtailed
10th Sep 2007, 15:06
Nutloose,
When you say MOD surplus do you mean it is or was available to purchase? If they are BAE should buy them and offer to refit GR4 with them as an update, far superior to the original.

buoy15
10th Sep 2007, 17:20
Knew a girl who had one and enjoyed the knobbly bits - then threw it away when the batteries ran flat - does that help?:p

NutLoose
10th Sep 2007, 23:06
Nutloose,
When you say MOD surplus do you mean it is or was available to purchase? If they are BAE should buy them and offer to refit GR4 with them as an update, far superior to the original.

Indeed they were, the last one went for £25.00.... which is pittance, had it apart already to see the quality of the parts.

I intend to rewire a plug onto the base plug, possibly replace a couple of the switches with some ex MOD top hat ones I have, then connect it up to a knackered Gaming joysticks innards........ shouldn't wear out any time soon :rolleyes:

Thank you all the help and for the replies, I take it now it is as said

TYPE

MRCA NHC ADV

which stands for

Multi Role Combat Aircraft.... Navigators Hand Controller.... Air Defence Variant

Excellent :O

Fishtailed
11th Sep 2007, 19:33
Nutloose,
Any chance of finding out where these are available, website or catalogue for instance?

NutLoose
11th Sep 2007, 21:58
Fishtailed PM me but they did say he had none left