PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to BBMF

Jobza Guddun
9th Sep 2007, 14:31
I'd just like to say a big thank you to BBMF for their efforts at Marham this weekend.

A Spit XIX provided the flypast at the Sgts Mess B of B Ball on Friday evening, well flown and wonderfully evocative. The Lanc did a few passes at the IX(B) Sqn Association reunion on Saturday, again superbly flown and greatly appreciated by all, especially the WW2 vets.

Many many thanks for your time guys and well done. :D:D:D

JG

dave_perry
9th Sep 2007, 18:29
Another thankyou to BBMF for their displays at Faldingworth. Excellent flying enjoyed by everybody at the memorial

Thankyou

scran
10th Sep 2007, 04:45
Recently found out one of the current Spit/Hurricane pilots is an ex-red Arrow whom I was lucky enough to meet.

All the best if you read this Smithy!!!! :ok::ok:

BEagle
10th Sep 2007, 05:25
And thanks to the chap in the Spit who gave a couple of flypasts at Wellesebourne Mountford yesterday.

Vulcan XM655 was being run for the MaPS supporter's day - great that a BBMF Spit could say hello during its transit!

Flap62
10th Sep 2007, 08:38
Scran,

not sure that I really want to know where you met him!

VP8
10th Sep 2007, 19:00
And thanks to the Lancaster guys yesterday crossing the A14 around 1430z going North at low level really made my days as you crossed in front of me:ok:

VEEPS

Faithless
10th Sep 2007, 19:21
:ok:And thanks to all the Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire pilots and crew during WWII:D

scran
10th Sep 2007, 22:20
Flap 62 - Met Smithy at Bidford Airfield and a local watering hole neadby. Absolute gentleman and my girls (who were then 15 and 13) still talk about him. He was back from his Secondment temporarily due to a slight injury playing a sport that I probably should not mention (after all - isn't Netball a non-contact sport?)

Navy_Adversary
12th Sep 2007, 08:26
Many thanks to the Lanc guys who skirted around the west side of Leicester on Saturday around 2-30 ish, flew close to my house and made a lot of peoples weekend.
I guess it was flying from Nottingham Castle to Foxfield farm at Cosby, probably at around 1000 feet.

Faithless
13th Sep 2007, 20:14
The Spitfire, Hurricane and Dakota have just paid a visit to our secret airbase here in Hampshire. On hearing the unmistakeable sound of them engines at very low level my kids ran out to see what they were!

"That, my boys is what made Britain Great" I said.

I know we all slag off each other service, but myself (not being Air Farce) I salute you all in the BBMF.

I watched with mixed emotions at the sight and sound of flying history, being flown superbly during this Battle of Britain period.:D:D You should be very proud of what you have in the BBMF, and long may they continue before the Downing Street Terrorists find another Military Dept to cut:=