PDA

View Full Version : Crash Gates!!!

FlyerFoto
9th Sep 2007, 13:04
It's probably been on here before, BUT.....

Can I just remind everybody what the purpose of a crash gate is?

Nameky, in an emergency, fire crews etc can get to the scene of an accident as quickly as possible.

PLEASE do NOT block these while you sit and watch aircraft.

It's bad enough when the general public (who seem incapable of reading, or even thinking! :ugh: ) do this or, even worse, park and take the dog for a walk!

As a photographer and an aviation enthusiast, I would ask you not to take the risk of having our rights eroded even further, by the actions of the mindless ones in our society - park somewhere where it is SAFE to do so and walk back to your preferred vantage point, by all means but, PLEASE, think before you park - after all a crash gate 'does exactly what it says on the sign!'

http://paulcoulthread.fotopic.net

Suzeman
9th Sep 2007, 14:33
I agree entirely with what FlyerFoto says. And remember that a crash gate will be used by RFFS vehicles coming out of the airfield and they may not stop for obstacles, especially parked unoccupied cars, which get in their way if they can push them aside. Outside Fire vehicles going to an incident on the airfield will go to the designated Rendezvous Point which will be manned and kept clear.

Suzeman

west lakes
9th Sep 2007, 15:47
Sadly s
Some take it as their inalienable right to park where they wantor take the view I can quickly move it if I have to

This happenned to me last night following my attendance at an electricity failure.
Had part of the centre of Workington off, first site I went to couldn't get in cos some twonk had blocked the doors. For interest it meant I couldn't get the police station back on - helpful folk tried to find owner, he'd gone out, tried to break into car couldn't so in the end a collegue dragged it outa the way with his lanny.
Police then were in process of putting a fixed penalty on car for obstruction when owner turned up - so he got a good talking to

The ticket would have been for obstruction - endangering safety £60 & 3 points.

Avman
9th Sep 2007, 16:46
I share your frustration FlyerFoto, and I would add: take your litter home, but I think your (justifiable) rant is wasted on here. I can't see our fellow PPRuNers being so irresponsible.

FlyerFoto
9th Sep 2007, 17:12
Avman, I agree with you entirely - the point about litter is the one I forgot to make - same with avoiding dropping food that may attract birds.

Just a reminder to everyone to behave responsibly and, hopefully, Mr Joe Public may follow suit (although I might just avoid holding my breath on this one!) :cool: