PDA

View Full Version : A320...couple of questions

kuwait340
8th Sep 2007, 22:18
Hello ...

1- when both FAC's are failed....is the flight control mode will be ALTN and when L/G is down it will go to Direct mode ?

2-what does it mean when you do the walk around (pre flight checks) and you found that the stab trim is not at Zero ?

Thanks

Clandestino
9th Sep 2007, 06:02
1) Correct, ALTN with reduced protection that changes to direct with L/G down

2) Check that stab trim setting on the fuselage scale (LH side, usually) corresponds to setting on pitch trim wheel and ECAM flight controls page. If all three values are the same it usually means that the maintenace has been sloppy with putting things into place after finishing their job. Discrepancy is a no-go item. That's what I've been taught, I've never actually found stab trim at anything else than zero on parking stand.

SIDSTAR
9th Sep 2007, 07:46
1. Correct

2. The auto-reset mechanism for the stabiliser has failed ( or is being worked on by maintenance). It should re-set to zero as soon as the nose-wheel is on the ground.

ps. Strangely, have a look to see if your FCOM mentions this in the walkaround section of the Airbus SOPs. Mine doesn't!

kuwait340
9th Sep 2007, 14:28
Thanks guys

Grendel
9th Sep 2007, 16:07
Very often it means, a return to the gate. The aircraft didn't take off. We find this sometimes. If the a/c went out and came back before takeoff the trim will be set at the takeoff setting.

goldwing2006
9th Sep 2007, 17:18
Sidstar you're right external checks do not call for checking on the outside trim at least not in my airbus 'Full flight crew courses' CD and it's pretty thorough!:ok:

SUB320
9th Sep 2007, 17:47
Reset ELAC 1, that should do it

Cardinal
10th Sep 2007, 02:05
Reset ELAC 1, that should do it

That's a handy idea! Thanks.