PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan Question

Shimrod
7th Sep 2007, 17:38
Just received a message telling me my seat allocation has changed due to a change of aircraft (16th Sept). Can anyone tell me what plane is flying this route now - is it likely to have turned into a 737?

Thanks

Shim

Runway 31
8th Sep 2007, 08:03
Maybe if you tells us which route someone may be able to answer.

Shimrod
8th Sep 2007, 11:03
The route was originally in the subject, but the mods moved the post and changed the subject at the same time!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
8th Sep 2007, 11:37
Sorry to see you are being messed about by said airline, Im off to Toronto
15 Sep, I live near STN but decided to fly from LGW with another airline
rather than get messed about in this way good luck mate.

Shimrod
8th Sep 2007, 12:04
Well, we chose flyglobespan because it was a direct flight from Manchester, and we could get premium economy legroom (flyglobespan's business class) for the price of economy on other scheduled airlines...

So far the dates of the flights have changed, and a new stop at Glasgow. With this flight change I'm now concerned that the plane has turned into a 737 and we'll have yet another stop at Iceland for fuel!

The change to being a non-direct flight is the most annoying - we'll have been on the go for three hours (if it leaves on time!), and we'll only be at Glasgow - I can drive there in that time!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
8th Sep 2007, 12:16
The only reason we chose My Travel through Canadian Affair was at the time of booking GSM had so many delays, They seem to have sorted the delays out now but there still seems to a lot of messing pax about.
the price was a shock too, we thought GSM would offer the lowest price
but we found same day prices for £13.50 out and £43.50 back after tax it was £198.00 each and GSM wanted £240.00 thats for a non direct flight
where My Travel was direct.

Maybe we will bump into you in Toronto/Niagara :ok:

maxdrypower
8th Sep 2007, 13:02
some friends of mine flew to new york last weekend from liverpool on fgs , they were delayed four hours going and an hour and a half back , plus a pit stop en route back that they werent aware was happening , ireland I think, they paid for direct routing

Shimrod
9th Sep 2007, 17:59
...but flights to Hamilton have been on time the last couple of days, and today 1 flight 10mins early, and the other (the one I'll be getting) 1.5hrs early!!

Anyone able to answer my original question on the change of plane?

Thanks

diesel36
9th Sep 2007, 20:33
The aircraft for your flight is planned as the GSM 757 it went on the 757 today via gla. I know its a stop in glasgow but hopefully you will get there an hour early too. Mind you i did a flight to YHM last week and we were an hour early, a lady told me off as she said she would have to wait another hour now to be picked up.

Shimrod
9th Sep 2007, 21:07
"a lady told me off as she said she would have to wait another hour now to be picked up."

You just can't win!!

Thanks for the info on the plane.

diesel36
9th Sep 2007, 21:41
Always the way.

You will have a great flight . the man crew are really good, even when people had a stop added we kill them with kindness or give them very large drinks.lol

the flights have been packed out, we were all surprised how busy they are
and had some fantastic feedback from pax

so much so our boss was there last week and talking to the managers there, they are going to extend the airport, and it needs it,

hopefully the new 737-900 will be put on there which will be really good..

Enjoy your trip..

sparkymarky
9th Sep 2007, 22:19
737-900? Didn't know one of them was on the way for Globespan.
When is it due? Is it the 900ER version?

GSM SCOT
9th Sep 2007, 23:14
There are two on the way and yes they are the ER version.

Shimrod
10th Sep 2007, 06:53
Thanks for all the info again!

It's good to see GSM getting back on track after what seems to have been a torrid summer!

Sensibly priced extra legroom is a real boon on long haul for someone who's 6' 2". Just looking forward to my hols now!

Shim

14 loop
12th Sep 2007, 09:04
Mrs 14 loop and me recently flew GSM STN-LPL-YHM on TF-FIS and YVR-LGW on EI-DMJ (Neos) in Business class.

The 757 was a touch tatty but the service was excellent. The 767 of Neos was a nicer plane and the Italian CC were fine but not as attentive as the GSMs own people.

Overall very impressed, less impressed about them cancelling STN-TFS for the winter....making alternative arrangements now!