PDA

View Full Version : CV Template/Format

Hachet Harry
7th Sep 2007, 20:42
I know this has been covered before, but the only results that my search produced offered a link to a site no longer available. Therefore,

Can anyone offer a link or some advice as to the best way to format a CV? I know what I think is suitable and what appears clear, concise and is 'readable' to me, but I have no experience in writing an aviation CV.

Thank you in advance!

MrHorgy
8th Sep 2007, 12:26
Take a look here:

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/cdev_cvwriting.htm

Horgy

maxdrypower
8th Sep 2007, 13:18
Guys onspeaking to a chief pilot friend , he pointed out that when it comes to flying experience he when looking at a CV doesnt want to see exam results or that you took an integarted course at xxxxx . It is not at all surprising that an oxford CV template wants you to state that you attended at oxford between certain dates , whn in fact all the CP or person looking at CV's wants to know is do you have a FATPL and how many hours etc etc , he said he couldnt give a monkeys where you did it so long as you did it . But I guess this is one airline and one selector spose they are all different

Life's a Beech
8th Sep 2007, 13:57
As I wrote on the previous thread of this type:

"Think what the person reading it wants to know, and put it in order of importance!

Name at the top for a label, probably followed by contact details. Then immediately put in relevant experience, i.e. licence, ratings, hours (in as much detail as matters to that employer - for example we take on pilots for single-crew flying, and need to know their P1/IFR/MEP time). Then very brief, relevant employment history and even briefer academic qualifications.

A comment about availability (time and flexibility in location) is always useful to me, and I personally like to see interests, although that is not everyone's preference. All on one side of A4 if possible, not five like one CV of a pilot I received."

I would add to you that you shouldn't use a template. I remember what a CV looks like, and when I want to refer to it find it in the pile by that. I don't have a huge number, but for a large employer you might find your CV is identical in style to someone else's. If that was an unimpressive CV yours might immediately go in the bin.