PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus NI

aeroarce
7th Sep 2007, 16:37
HI has anybody applied for North Ireland Aer Lingus?
I did but no answer by now. Has anyone any more information on the precess? any info will be great!

Thank you in advance!
Antonio

Bearcat
7th Sep 2007, 18:08
good spelling is not required, so you'll be ok.

TheFlyingDJ
7th Sep 2007, 20:37
Hey matey Aeroarce,

Not a word yet for me too. But it has just been a week.
All the best.

silverknapper
7th Sep 2007, 23:00
Have a look around other forums. Quite a hot topic-don't be waiting by the phone.

Luke SkyToddler
8th Sep 2007, 07:20
Are you having a go at the old Aer Lingus are you Silverknapper?

Hachet Harry
8th Sep 2007, 09:17
Great contribution to the thread Bearcat; thanks. Don't worry aeroarce, I bet your ability to spell in English is better than Bearcat's ability to spell in Spanish.

Prat! :rolleyes:

Lord Lardy
8th Sep 2007, 12:07
Great contribution to the thread Bearcat; thanks. Don't worry aeroarce, I bet your ability to spell in English is better than Bearcat's ability to spell in Spanish.

Prat! :rolleyes:

Hatchet, I would have to back old Bearcat up on this one I'm afraid. The aptitude testing stage in Aer Lingus or any airline would unfortunately weed people out on this basis. Perhaps you should refrain from calling people with experience prats in the future. Dosen't hold up well in the industry young man.

Aeroarce, there is an IFALPA recrutiment ban on Belfast base at the moment. You won't be interviewed at the moment as I'm led to believe that there are no pilots willing to interview or assess any new joiner until the current round of talks with the company are complete. It may take a few weeks. However, there are people in the holding pool from the last round of recruitment. As the northern Ireland equality board said last week that there is no reason why people from Dublin can't transfer to Belfast I'm not so sure there will be many jobs anyway at the current time. Those transferring will get upgraded and will thus meet the captain criteria. Those in the hold pool will then have to be offered positions in Belfast, whether they accept or not is another story. This info is not official by any manner of means, but just from info received from colleagues in EI based on the current situation.

Hachet Harry
8th Sep 2007, 15:46
Lardy,

Give the guy a break, he's Spanish. I would suggest that his ability to speak and write a second language would be viewed as an asset rather than picking him up for one misspelt word.

Lord Lardy
8th Sep 2007, 16:02
Hachet, I absolutely have admiration for anyone entering the industry with English not being the native tongue. Not having an attack on the man/woman at all. My point was that it would be probably be more difficult in the wider scheme of things to be called for assesment if an application form or CV was written in the same context. However, I'm not a recruiter so I could be talking total :mad:. As for getting back to the topic, i've passed on some info from what I've heard. Don't want this to turn into an english lesson, i'm far from perfect myself even with it being the native language.

Pressman, I believe the recruitment ban only refers to the Belfast Base. The reason being that it's a different contract being offered at this base and the current pilots are in talks with the company over it.

chrisdick
24th Sep 2007, 20:49
Anyone with low hours heard from Aer Lingus yet? I know there is/was a recruitment ban going on with them, just looking for an update.

TheFlyingDJ
24th Sep 2007, 20:51
Nothing yet matey, I'm also waiting for a response.
Filed it all before that closing date and that is almost 3 weeks.
I'll wait for another 1 or 2 weeks then I might call em up.

Founder
25th Sep 2007, 18:03
I'm also waiting for an answer, did get the terms and salaries and that they are going to contact me soon...

TheFlyingDJ
25th Sep 2007, 18:05
really... by what means did you get that information actually if i may ask?

Founder
25th Sep 2007, 18:07
Have a look at the recruitment website, there is an e-mail posted now which you can request the information...
The salary is really good, 40'000 pounds per year with an additional 8300 for the legs...

TheFlyingDJ
25th Sep 2007, 18:09
awesome indeed!
keeping fingers crossed for us all mate!
would love to fly for shamrock :D

by the way, nice going on your site during the rating, i looked at it while in training myself :)

jonjoe
25th Sep 2007, 21:51
TheflyingBJ

are you having a laugh matey?

Visual Calls
26th Sep 2007, 11:36
Don't forget the recruitment ban. Or does anyone actually care that they're undermining their potential future colleagues? Does any applicant have the guts to answer this inconvenient question and face this issue? Don't think it'll just go away either, it won't.
Anyway if blind centredness is your thing, why not join Ryanair, plenty of like minded people in there.
http://www.ifalpa.org/jobs/recruitmentban/08IND017%20Request%20for%20Mutual%20Assistance%20Request%20I ALPA%20(Ireland).pdf

CaptainJim
1st Oct 2007, 12:06
Its hard to sit at home letting your proficiency lapse and refuse EI especially when your almost a 100k in the hole, when someone else will obviously take your place.

Its easy for someone with a job to say

duh