PDA

View Full Version : It makes me proud!

TacLan
6th Sep 2007, 17:13
having read the Rules is rules! thread it brought to mind an incident that made me proud to wear light blue (beret at least....)

Kosovo, APOD Pristina early 2000

Comp A for one of our lads, sister VSI in Glasgow. Trooper delayed on the pan, so that he could join the flight.
All sections that came into contact with him expedited his movement as much as possible.

Arrives at BZN with a 125 waiting for onmove to GLA.

Three days later we receive an e-mail from our troop. He had made it back a couple of hours before she succumbed, and thanked all
for their efforts. Brought a lump to our collective throats.

There were no closed doors that day, no grumbling, no jobsworths, just everyone putting in extra effort to get one our own home when it was
really needed.

Four days later (IIRC) he was back Kosovo, he hadn't requested extra leave because he wanted to back on the job.

In these days of (ironically) the train to Glasgow, PVR records and an absence of morale, I look back and it makes me proud

PPRuNeUser0211
6th Sep 2007, 17:23
The system is that good these days as well. It's one of the great things left in the system. Keep it up...

Report Line
6th Sep 2007, 17:36
Yep,

relatively recent experience of excellent Comp service on two separate occassions. When I hear that we can't get that right it's time to go!

RETDPI
6th Sep 2007, 18:41
1975. N.I.
Confused lad from 3 RRF walks into my purple unit at Aldergrove one evening, having missed the Brit Midland Viscount flight back to U.K. to see his VSI father in Newcastle General Hospital.
Beaver det. called up for advice as he's a Pongo. Within minutes flight planning starts. Geoff B..v*ll goes for a night flight from Aldergrove direct across into the Newcastle Hospital sports field.
Got him to his father's bedside earlier than in the original Viscount /taxi plan.

JHC Wilton
6th Sep 2007, 18:55
Got him to his father's bedside earlier than in the original Viscount /taxi plan.
In a Beaver????

RETDPI
6th Sep 2007, 18:58
Viscounts couldn't land on adjacent hospital sports fields .

Well, .............perhaps once.