PDA

View Full Version : TCI living and flying

Skaz
5th Sep 2007, 20:49
Yes, I used the search function, unfortunately there are not many up to date threads about TCI that I could find.

If there are any pilots that are flying, living or have flown and lived in the Turcs and Caicos islands, please could you provide me with some gen on:

living there, housing, cost of living, food, groceries, internet, telephone, cars, activities, climate, hurricanes, legalities of movign there, flying there, CAA?, licensing etc etc

any and all info will be much appreciated.

ContractFlyGal
7th Sep 2007, 23:28
I worked in the TCI last year. IGA is the main grocery store and it is probably twice the cost of a grocery chain in the US. Apartments are about $600 plus for a studio. Not cheap but a great place to live and work.

Skaz
13th Sep 2007, 07:40
Never mind, I have experience the 'professionalism' of the company, so not interested in going there any longer.

soarer78
14th Sep 2007, 09:52
Hi Skaz,
What happened, can you give some recent info on the goings on in the TCI?

Skaz
14th Sep 2007, 19:22
I am sure it is an awesome place to live in for a few years, as are so many other beautifull islands in the Caribbean.

Judging by the interaction I had with a particular company that contacted me, not the other way around, they are in serious need of some professionalism and ethics. The way they treated a potential employee was appalling, I shudder to think how they would treat you once you work there.

I still hope to live in the Caribbean one day, but will choose my employer carefully if I also work while there.

poorwanderingwun
20th Sep 2007, 13:52
A strange reluctance on your part Skaz to identify the company concerned... you started the thread in search of information... now you seem not to want to disseminate any...

Freo
20th Sep 2007, 16:56
ContractFlyGal - I would like to know where there are studio apartments in Provo for around $600/month? Thanks

ContractFlyGal
20th Sep 2007, 23:42
I never said they were great apartments, but there were a couple at South Dock that were decent.

Skaz
21st Sep 2007, 00:25
poorwanderingwun yes, I did start this thread in a search for information. Nobody was very forthcoming though.

There have been a number of threads discussing the companies in TCI. Some companies have received very bad reviews on this forum, while others have received more favourable marks.

I would not go looking for a job at a company that multiple pilots have posted warnings and extremely poor review about.

I would rather be interested in the one company that pilots speak well, relatively, of. Wouldnt you? I see no need in slandering this particular company on an open forum, in fact I think that would be as unprofessional as the treatment I have received from them.

You figure it out, and if you really need to know them pm me.

poorwanderingwun
22nd Sep 2007, 15:48
PeeEmming you...:ok: