PDA

View Full Version : PPL Finally!!

Shov
1st Sep 2007, 19:03
Passed my PPL flight test today. Just wanted to share that with the planet as my month old son doesn't really get it.

What a mad, mad world!

Sam-MAN
1st Sep 2007, 19:06
Congrats :ok::ok: :}:}

niknak
1st Sep 2007, 19:23
Babies and a PPL, you must be loaded and have the most understanding Mrs in the world!
(Well done by the way:D).

Charles Sierra
1st Sep 2007, 20:03
Many congratulations :D ...............

sternone
2nd Sep 2007, 06:28
Great, how long did you do for the complete progress ? And what are your plans for the future ?

Congrats!

Shov
2nd Sep 2007, 08:01
Many thanks chaps. Yes a v-understanding Mrs helps alright.
In answer to Sternone the training took 2 years but was interrupted by a few life changers like marriage/mortgage and as aforementioned, offspring.
Together with poor Irish wx (trained at NFC @ EIWT) and only having one spare kidney to sell it did all take a little longer than expected.
That said I hope to get out and get some hours built up now towards going for CPL, MEIR, an MCC and with luck a career change at 40!
Only remains to target a couple of country post-offices on pension day with a sawn-off to pay for it all!

eddiec
2nd Sep 2007, 11:59
How did you find NFC for the training? I have to complete my ppl which i started in the states. Not sure weather to use nfc or skytrace.;/
Congrats by the way. Look out for a similar post from me in the not too distant future I hope!:)

Shov
3rd Sep 2007, 17:33
Found NFC great to be honest though I have more or less done all my flying with them so don't have experience of other FTO's.
Delays in training were primarily my fault due work or the intolerable Irish wx (though people tell me that flying in our not quite CAVOK wx is good training which I don't doubt).
As well as that flying at EIWT compared to most Irish airfields has the added benefit of having to deal with a lot of traffic movements, noise abatement procedures and controlled airspace.
Like I said, no experience of Skytrace but from my experiences with NFC I can't fault them. That said, book early and often if you do want to complete your training there. They are a seriously busy operation.
All the best with the PPL.