PDA

View Full Version : Stormbreaker film registration change

lartsa
1st Sep 2007, 15:41
just watched stormbreaker film on tv and at the end the 355F1 was about to lift from a london rooftop helipad it had the registration no G ICSG then 2 seconds later it had the registration G ORMA any one know what happened

nigel f
1st Sep 2007, 19:35
Isnt that the one with the Mil in too.

When I was in the IOM they where filming some sceens in IOM, at Jurby.
They had a 355 there, cant rember the reg.

I wanted a go in the Mil

paddyboy
1st Sep 2007, 20:16
Sounds like poor continuity.

lartsa
1st Sep 2007, 21:10
nigel
we can get a mil 2 in hungary i did a rating there we should go before xmas

TRC
1st Sep 2007, 23:49
G-ORMA had a very low APS weight and was used for the flying with the people suspended underneath and some of the filming with 250kgs of camera kit attached.

G-ICSG weighed a ton and was used for static shots and low take-off weight flights from the roof in London.

The filming of the 355's took some weeks and was not shot in the same order as it appears on screen, and I think G-ORMA had gone onto a contract when it came to filming the second lot of London stuff so wasn't available.

The Mil-8 was Hungarian registered and operated (based in Budaors) and was brought to Jurby from a contract in Austria.

TRC

Vankem Spankfaart
14th Sep 2007, 21:42
Noticed the same thing watching the film tonight - PPrune is amazing, "search" really can be your friend!!! But I have another Storm breaker question.....

....in the final scenes the helipad is on the north of the Thames on a high-rise building east of the Millenium wheel but west of St Pauls...which building is this?

I have worked many a year in London, some of the time in the rough vicinity of this pad and have never seen any heli-ops on rooftops, can someone satisfy my idle curiosity.

Thanks

V

TRC
15th Sep 2007, 11:50
It's the International Press Centre in Charterhouse St.

Other than the London Hospital, it's the only rooftop landing site available in London.

You have to have a good reason to use it though...... the helicopter operator has to pay the building owners a hefty (£10K+) 'facility fee' and prove massive insurance cover. Then they have to provide substantial Fire & Rescue cover, have the pilot base & line checked onto the roof and be in possession of a Flight Manual Supplement drawn up by the UK's friendly Eurocopter agent (so probably a bargain price).

It's been used several times for films and TV - Stormbreaker, a Barclaycard advert, and a pop promo come to mind but there have probably been a few more.

T

Hedski
15th Sep 2007, 13:08
It was used in Michael Gray's recent Borderline track.
Video not bad, of mild interest really.....:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLh9DNjFBUo

That was after his previous exploits with filing cabinets.....:ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLh9DNjFBUo