PDA

View Full Version : pilot training

S.Kiran
30th Aug 2007, 04:29
Hi,
I am doing +2 and scope of getting around 90% in maths &science. I can get admission in a good Engineering college. But I have an idea of doing CPL training because I have a passion for flying and there are good opportunities for pilots for few more years. Can anyone help me to get rid off the following doubts?
1.There is a general conception that students who are not able to enter other good professional courses only prefer pilot training. Is it so?:confused:
2.Which is a better job salarywise, a software engineer in a MNC or a pilot?:oh:
3.How will be the work schedule? At what interval can they come home?:hmm:

newagebird
30th Aug 2007, 13:35
gday mate

1. Im doing a professional course that deals with training pilots so i dont know what the conception is your talking about..sounds like someone is trying to lead you on. There are plenty of university degrees for pilots, doing private training may not be beneficial in the future, but has been done by many a pilot who goes on into the airlines.
2. Pilots in airlines can earn from USD50000 upto USD100000 a year, but that depends on whether you are a first officer/captain/second officer. Also it may take a few years to get into airlines where you will earn around 25000USD per year until you build your experience up. Very general figures by the way.
3. you usually get 8 days off during a month, and depending if your long haul or short haul, you may be home for dinner every night or be away for about 3-4 days a week.
hope that helps
cheers newagebird

Pushpak
31st Aug 2007, 05:29
Hello Kiran it’s a misconception that you only become a pilot if you can’t get a professional job but being a pilot is also a profession. You need to have the passion for flying. Number of days away from home or at home all comes with the profession.

haree
31st Aug 2007, 06:36
Dear Kiran

Please make sure you get your priorities right before you step into a career where you'll have to spend about 25-30 lakhs out of your own pocket for the education. A job as a pilot also depends heavily on your physical condition so please get it checked and get a Class 1 medicals as soon as possible.

A 17 yr old school goer in india is relatively unable to take his own decisions so please talk to your parents with all the points you can collect from forums such as this

Regards and all the best

Haree

iamanaussiemavrick
31st Aug 2007, 09:30
Hi Kiran,

I can understand the situation you are in.

Dont compare a profession with marks. To be successful in any profession you need to work hard and be committed to it. Being a pilot is no other exception. You will have to work hard.

Also being a pilot depends upon your interest. you will have to be interested to it for lifetime. i have seen many people who came into aviation saying they were interested and then lost the interest as they started to face the challenges of aviation. Also i have seen many who didnt had much interest when they came in but developed interest in the process.

For being a pilot you need to love flying. you need to love being in the air.

:ok:

HotelUniform
31st Aug 2007, 16:28
But I have an idea of doing CPL training because I have a passion for flying and there are good opportunities for pilots for few more years.:confused::confused::confused:

Look here Kiran, the above is very contradicting. You have an idea because u have passion??? Opportunity for a few years, then??? Passion's gone???

Do not confuse yourself between passion and infactuation. You seem more interested in money. If thats the case then, you wont last.

Like explained by another Ppruner, you may still be young and not know exactly what you really want. Your choice of words have not helped your cause either.

For a start, go for an introductory flight and see if you like it. Then move on from there.

HU

capson
31st Aug 2007, 16:56
Read this before you say good bye to your hard earn money......
http://www.dicksmithflyer.com.au/cat_index_44.php
and goodluck

Left Wing
1st Sep 2007, 12:05
takes more then a pen and paper. .....100% TRUE ! :D

99% Inspiration......... 1 % Perspiration

some times it take a little bit of blood and guts too..... :ok:

vinayak
2nd Sep 2007, 17:23
1.There is a general conception that students who are not able to enter other good professional courses only prefer pilot training. Is it so?
2.Which is a better job salarywise, a software engineer in a MNC or a pilot?
3.How will be the work schedule? At what interval can they come home?

1. I cleared my IIT-JEE (rank 167) and have secured 93.4% and preffered flying.
2. Salarywise!!!! seriously kid? are u not passionate about anything in life? Don't mean to be harsh but u can make enough money in either fields and perhaps more as a IIT grad.
3. Either road u take... u will have to put in effort.

haree
3rd Sep 2007, 05:21
Expats coming to india as P1..... This is the type of first officer you are gonna work with!!