PDA

View Full Version : A small enquiry ...

GeorgEGNT
29th Aug 2007, 22:53
Hello there,

My name is George and I have started this thread to ask all you PPL pilots and students if you are aware of any burseries out there to help a pilot in need on the JAR PPL course.

I currently have 10 hours towards my PPL but my flying has ground to a halt. My family have been having financial problems recently, I would greatly appreciate a small amount of help to see me through until my family is sorted again.

Due to a family illness my father has not been able to work for a while therefore there is barely enough money coming in to pay bills, never mind to fund my flying. I have a part time job but this simply isn't enough. (I'm sorry to use the family illness card but I didn't want to seem like some person who can happily fund lessons but dont want to, I genuinly need help.)

As I said before, if any of you know any possible sources I would be very grateful if you could inform me of them.

Thanks alot in advance
Regards,

George Graham:)

GeorgEGNT
29th Aug 2007, 23:06
Someone out there must know something ...

uupppppppppp

Chilli Monster
29th Aug 2007, 23:12
Google "Air League Scholarship" - might be of use. Also have a look at the Soloflight website - the "Glen Stewart" scholarship might be a possibility too.

GeorgEGNT
29th Aug 2007, 23:31
Thank you so much man, much appreciated !

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2007, 23:36
Try GAPAN (Guild of Air Pilots and Navigators) - their website appears to be down at the moment otherwise I'd have posted a link.

Cheers

Whirls

MikeSamuel
30th Aug 2007, 11:17
http://www.flyers.org.uk

Try there for links to several scholarship providers.

BigSteve81
30th Aug 2007, 11:47
The scholarship option is one to look into for definite.
Save every penny you can get your hands on, it may not seem much but in time it adds up, maybe look at getting a second job or working more hours, there nothing more satisfying than working your b####cks of to achieve something.
Remember you are still young and got many years ahead of you and plenty of time to finish the course.
A recent house move, new car and my part time uni fees has left me at 42 hours and no spare cash to finish it with.
I'm desperate to get flying again and I don't want have a lesson every two months or so. The only solution for me is working overtime and saving every penny i can get my hands on at the moment until i have enough to pay 10-15 hours in a row...i'm even considering selling my car which is my pride and joy.
Just dont lose hope mate and you'll get there in the end