PDA

View Full Version : Flying for ANA

varigflier
29th Aug 2007, 16:12
Does anybody have any information on the ANA contracts through hawaiiaviation.com?
Anything like QOL, schedules, working atmosphere, and interview gouges would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
VF

angry
30th Aug 2007, 15:51
Vf

Do Yourself A Favor...stay Away From Anet (q400) Operator. Lots Of Politics In The Training Department As Of Late...you'll Likely Fail Your Check! Even If You Do Pass, You'll Wish You Hadn't.

New Management At Anet Is Forcing Crew To Leave In Droves. Even The High Remuneration Cannot Make Them Stay.

Hacs Is A Good Employer, But Stay Away From Anet And Ank.

The Best Thing I Can Say About Anet/ank Is That It's Not A Bad Place To Be While You Desperately Search For Another Job.

varigflier
31st Aug 2007, 04:42
So that goes for the 767 contracts as well???? :confused:

nihon nightmare
1st Sep 2007, 15:18
Add to this a nasty little organization known as IBEX in Sendai.

Moronic management, pathetic training and contract conditions that frequently change courtesy of IAC. The company has no approved checkers so every check you do will be with the JCAB, very unreasonable little men!

Stay away from ANA contracts :ugh:

Jobear
2nd Sep 2007, 01:13
[Does anybody have any information on the ANA contracts through hawaiiaviation.com?
Anything like QOL, schedules, working atmosphere, and interview gouges would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
VF]
VF,
In the training pipeline right now so no clue as to what the line guys are actually working, I haven't seen a schedule. From what I have heard (taken with a large grain of salt)anywhere from 10 to 14 days off depending on scheduling.
Gouge for the sim: http://japanpilots.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=85
Gouge for the medical: pirep dot org under WORK in Japan, China, S.E. Asia & India banner
for the sim I just studied the profile given to me though.
Good Luck,
Jobear

ishi59
2nd Sep 2007, 01:53
Hey Jobear.

Time for a reality check:ouch:

ANA companies, 767 operations, offer 10 days off, as per contract. AJX rosterers will roster ONLY 10 days off. If there is slack and the pilots are not required, they will be rostered standby or available day in Japan. There is no chance of going home early with these days. They own you for 20 days a month and you will not get any extra time off:ugh: AJV rosters 1 extra day off for "fatigue" otherwise same attitude, if not worse.

Commuting sucks, VF, from Brasil, I assume, will be a NIGHTMARE, and costly.

Also US$ is very weak now, so if you must convert salary to anything else, eg Euro, AU$ etc, be careful, the pay's not so good anymore.

See other threads on this forum about AJX, AJV, Air Japan. etc.

Think VERY carefully about this job till they do something about it!!:=

VF, if 767 rated, try Korean better deal, especially commuting!

galdian
2nd Sep 2007, 12:10
ishi59

Tough words indeed - but maybe tough love??

Have seen the postings over the last 6 months +/- from new arrivals to ANA subs tending very very positive (as indeed one should be, the POTENTIAL for a long and rewarding association is unlimited) but suspect some understanding of the mentality is now occurring and doubts may be happening.

With their connections all the ANA subs could EASILY EASILY EASILY :ugh: correct and eradicate the problems within their contracts to the benefit of all involved - potential is there but limited by mentality and heirarchial (spelling?) structure within Japan and what they believe/want to believe from the contract companies.

Welcome to "modern" Japan.

Your post very accurate and honest - and hopefully out of date in the months to come, statement of unfouded hope, certainly not expectation.

Cheers
galdian :ok:

varigflier
3rd Sep 2007, 13:55
Guys, thanks for the info and heads up. I appreciate it.

TXairEMBdrv
12th Sep 2007, 15:09
Good morning to all. First post but I've been reading for some time now. First: Thanks to all for the information that is freely given here. I guess we can all appreciate the value of such insight. Thanks!

About Hawaii Aviation/ Crew Resources Worldwide:
I, based largly in part on information from all of you, applied for the B767 Captain position with Japan Post Express. This is the part I still can't believe; I applied Sept. 11, got a call THAT afternoon from an extreemly nice guy! (not sure if I should give his name).
Here are the highlights:
1: Commutting contract- you can only expect 7-8 quality days at home out of the 10 days.
2: Correctiive Eye surgey: LASIK, and Radial Keratodomy (my case) are automatic disqualifiers. Basically, if they can see the scaring your out.
3: B767: They do not expect you to know the A/C, but your basic flying skills had better be up to the task. GUYS OFF THE RJ'S HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE. They first thought that "we" would do just fine. Not to say that some do make it without any problems.
4: Captain/First Officer: OK, I was asked if the sim did not go so well I might be asked if I would consider a First Officer position. My answer: The only reason I could even consider the job and time away is the money otherwise is would gladly accept the F/O position. On a personal level I believe the the training is same, the end result is just the seat you occupy and the pay you collect.
5: Contract expansion: HAWAII AND CREW RESOURCES are now one company, He said that they might start looking for other contracts to offer besides ANA, JPexpress, etc. I could not figure out why they had such a limited amount of contracts but prior to the merrger Hawaii (I think) was owned by the AIRLINE. With the two companies, now they can expand.
I took myself out of the hopper when I asked about corrective eye surgey. Hawaii, (on their website used to have LASIK list as a disqulifier, so I did not apply. Now it is not there, so I applied. I thought it was removed because it was now approved. NO CHANCE!
The guy I talked to was very nice and the way he asked questions seemed to be "looking out for my best interest". He wanted me to understand that It is not an easy lifestyle. Here is the best part. At the end of the conversation he asked me if and when the expand into other airlines ( that do allow corrective eye surgey) if I wanted to remain on file. He told me if he sees somthing that I might be interested in He will get in touch and if I see something to CALL HIM DIRECTLY! NOT E-MAIL, NOT SUBMIT ANOTHER APP., BUT CALL HIM. I've got to say I like this guys attitude and I look foward to doing business with him.

Best of luck to us all!

Jobear
13th Sep 2007, 23:47
Heard there may be a change in the commuting portion, any word from the line?

angry
14th Sep 2007, 12:10
TXAir and anyone else,

I see you liked your conversation with your man at HACS. I will agree, they are a good bunch and the paycheck is always on time. However, once you show up for training, they will pretty much vanish. I don't mean to single out HACS, because all contractors do the same. The truth is that you only get paid by your contract company. You still have to work for the morons at ANA, whichever "sister group" you find yourself. For those of you thinking of ANK or Anet, I would seriously consider a frontal lobotomy first. That way, you will be able to better tolerate the endless lack of anything even resembling common sense.

The Japanese have a way of wearing you down over time...it's never one big thing, but a whole series of never-ending rubbish, and all of it comes with a free bow and a smile. If you are broke, come on down, the money is good. If you've got cash, keep looking.

BTW, heard that another 2 Captains quit at Anet in the past two weeks, one on line for about three months, and one that hadn't even started OJT!

Good Luck!

The Dominican
14th Sep 2007, 12:57
Sorry TXairAMBdrv that things didn't worked out for you due to the medical procedure.:ugh:
On regards to your comment about the regional guys having trouble, I don't know where you got your information but If I may make a comment your information is incorrect. First, there aren't very many former regional pilots in the company operating the 767's(IE with experience in nothing larger than a regional Jet that is) There is one captain on the line and I'm the second one going through line training now. My sim partner was also a former regional driver and we both passed our training with no problems so you are talking about three TOTAL and all three of us passed our training.
I agree that your flying has to be up to par, that is true but I don't know if you where talking about regional guys taking Interviews and not doing well maybe?

Days off: On this regard there are only 10 days off and you are to commute on your days off, this is correct. But I just want to make an observation that you can choose to take your vacation days in a monthly basis and increase your days to 12 a month BUT THAT IS IT! The rest of the time you are in duty in Japan

I don't have any first hand experience with the other companies that operate the Q400 and the CRJ's so I'm not going to comment about Angry and Nihon's comments but in the 767 side, I've been very impressed so far and the crews are as nice a people as you will find (Ishi59 is a fine example)

Good luck to all

TXairEMBdrv
14th Sep 2007, 23:05
I'm the perfect example of how one bad decision 15 years ago can come back to BITE; REALLY HARD!

I'll remain hopeful. As for the infomation it just what the guy told me. I'm glad to know that "RJ" guys are doing just fine.

Thanks again, to all, for the valuable information you provide.