PDA

View Full Version : Harrier Over Pen-y-fan Tuesday 1253 Local

Wholigan
29th Aug 2007, 14:42
Many thanks!!

I am off to Canada on Saturday and I shall be there on 9 September, which is the 10th anniversary of my wife's death.

Consequently I decided to visit her at the cairn on top of Pen-y-fan on Tuesday.

I was sat remembering things from the past when - in mid reverie - a Harrier came over at 1253 local and made my day.

If you let me know who you are, some "bar cash" will wing its way to Wittering or Cottesmore via either Sean or Ash for you to sup in thanks.

If you are wary of letting me know who you are then let me know the Station and I'll try to get up there in October when I get back from Canada and I'll buy it personally.

Incidentally, there was not a single complaint amongst the mass of people up there. There were - however - lots of "ooooh"s and "aaaah"s and "wow - look at that"s.

There was a group of young (mid teenage) kids from London under the care of a couple of adults. One of the guys said (very confidently) "wow, look at that - that's an F25 Tornado - they're great planes". All his mates seemed to be very impressed. What's it like to fly an F25?

Thanks again - - - Roj. (PS - Jane enjoyed it too! ;)