28th Aug 2007, 21:25
Quick! ......Pass the Bucket!
I think I'm Going to ch.......................:uhoh:

Too late.

Pass me the mop.

JD

Ioan
28th Aug 2007, 21:40
Haha - it was appalling, yet I found myself unable to stop watching!

Captain Buck
28th Aug 2007, 21:47
Truly, utterly, stomach-churningly nauseating :yuk:. It would certainly be enough to put me off working for them if I were thinking about it.

What was all that open and zero accident cr*p? Haven't they just had an accident in Nigeria and that went all quiet, same as the last 412 they lost. And don't talk about the GOM........ What's COBI? Thought it was a tiny Nigerian coin?

Please, oh please, tell me it was just a wind up and not genuine promotional material.

120torque
28th Aug 2007, 21:51
:)Where are the dancing engineers ??? Or even a "copter" ? Can't wait to see the rival songs.

How about this for a start:

"When I was young I knew I wanted to be,
A helicopter pilot working for CHC,
This is a company that can do all sorts of ops,
From oil exploration to third world food drops!"

Any additions welcome - and I don't work for either Co, but may send a cv to one depending on the quality of song they can produce!

Night Watchman
28th Aug 2007, 22:39
What a musical delight for Bristow to come up with a mix of classical, country and hip hop. The Chief Executive has tried a fusion between rural folk and the western rap which crescendos into a chorus of energy and minimalism. The shrewd use of instruments (musical not aircraft) to produce a different sound and harmony to the translational which lifts the verse. The catchy lyrics have not been overshadowed by a racy instrumentation but highlighted to the point of prominence by cleverly rotating between the key of ‘G’ and ‘E sharp’ during the alluring ballad like chorus.

The song shows a great understanding on contrast on every level: the lyrics that bounce between optimism and conviction, the balance between softer notes and the bass, and even the sense of dynamics within the sincere and antidisestablishmentarianism lyrics.

Coasting by on an irresistible foot-tapping beat, Bristow’s perfect keyboard work and bouncy rhythm allow the song's lyrics detail to engineer minor problems before brushing them off and feeling things will be all right in the end. And after a quick drop off in the bridge, the song begins to build back up, vamping on the chorus, and coming as close to anthemic as this group is capable.

The chant of "One misson, one world, one team" becomes a sing along mantra which will have us all humming on the way to work.

Bravo... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

More...more......:D:D:D:D:D

Practice Auto 3,2,1
28th Aug 2007, 22:52
Come on, its at better than that c**p we entered for this years 'contest'

Scooch :ugh:

:8

demon_duck
28th Aug 2007, 23:13
I can't believe the company would seriously produce such tripe, yet who would waste personal time on this? Maybe just an effort to get points on Youtube?

Truely Sad!
:confused:

212man
28th Aug 2007, 23:52
Truly, truly awful :yuk::yuk:

Fareastdriver
29th Aug 2007, 00:55
I'm ashamed to draw my company pension.

Buitenzorg
29th Aug 2007, 00:59
It's a wind up.

Bloody good one too.

Simply HAS to be.

The alternative does not bear thinking about.

africacorps
29th Aug 2007, 02:40
Is that the ops girls from Abz on vocals,Naaaaaahh it is so baaaad,could be Jim Mills tho:{

HeliComparator
29th Aug 2007, 08:06
By way of explanation/apology to those unfortunates who had to endure it, this was posted on our intranet by a senior person (a brit) whose daughter composed it (should that be composted?). You may all laugh (cry, vomit etc) but I suspect that person got where he is today partially by knowing how to say the right thing and please his boss! And this is another example of the same shrewdness. Well done xxxx xxxxx but sorry, I won't be able to regard you in the same light again!

HC

ps FED - if you don't want your pension, I'll have it!

212man
29th Aug 2007, 08:27
Well, I think Sandy and Sandi Thom are a better example of father/helicopter company employee (Scotia) and daughter/song writer!

Pingy
29th Aug 2007, 09:11
Looks like the text writer and the composer both have MBA degrees?!:D

One has to look from "Glass half full" prespective and then it is much easier!:)

All the best !

500e
29th Aug 2007, 09:22
Night Watchman
My words to a T:E

Fareastdriver
29th Aug 2007, 09:52
Sorry HC. I'm not THAT ashamed.

Aesir
29th Aug 2007, 22:47
Have you guy´s seen this?

It´s hilarious:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEdLEQn9Rj8

Flying Bajan
29th Aug 2007, 22:50
THAT is quite possibly the GAYEST thing I have ever seen :-)

Whirlygig
29th Aug 2007, 23:10
There is another thread about this but it's just occurred to me that the tune bears a not dissimilar likeness to Da Doo Ron Ron byt The Crystals. I do hope Phil Spector doesn't sue for plagiarism (not that I think he's in a position to sue anyone for anything!!).

Cheers

Whirls

whirlwind
30th Aug 2007, 03:35
Unbelievable. What complete and utter tosh. Words fail me....

WW

autoranger
30th Aug 2007, 03:43
Just brilliant! Utterly brilliant!:D:D:D

Autoranger:ok::ok::ok:

Gomer Pylot
30th Aug 2007, 05:06
One benefit of this thread is that the link led me to a video of Sydney Bristow, of whom I had sadly been ignorant... :D

Jetboxer
30th Aug 2007, 08:20
That's pretty bad.

The link below takes you to the winner of Eurovision, almost as bad!
I'm loving the lyrics!

http://service.webitall.dk/_dancopter/video_uk.htm

check
30th Aug 2007, 12:02
I thought "16 tons" was by Tennessee Ernie Ford.

scruggs
30th Aug 2007, 14:09
:eek:

My ears are bleeding, yet I'm compelled to watch!

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the meeting took place to decide that a song was the way forward! I can just imagine one of the execs, probably just after taking a drag of marijuana, blurting out "A song - a song is the way to go - sung by a woman with a crap voice too!"

To the person/people who wrote that – shame on ye!

A good advert for not making important decisions AFTER a liquid lunch if I ever seen one.

S

SASless
30th Aug 2007, 15:25
For those of days of old....remember Steve Stevens having sent a cassette tape of Johnny Paycheck's famous song to the Old Man?

Title of said song was....."Take your job and shove it...I ain't working here anymore!"

Insider source suggested there was some confusion until someone was heard to giggle and say...."Well, it would appear Captain Stevens seems ready to leave our employ!"

3D CAM
30th Aug 2007, 17:54
The worrying thing about this load of tosh is the fact that they, Bristow Senior Management, appear to be serious about it!! No wonder we are short of spares, manpower, aircraft etc.etc if this is the way they make decisions.
This could be enough to put Alan Bristow back in hospital.
Scruggs you could be right, wacky backy!!!!

Night Watchman
16th Oct 2007, 13:42
Any word on the album yet?

forget
16th Oct 2007, 15:03
the tune bears a not dissimilar likeness:p
You a lawyer Whirls?

bloodycrow
17th Oct 2007, 11:18
..it's a brilliant idea for recruitment. With music like that, they should soon get a swarm of applications from dissatisfied souls working in the gulf!
..imagine the potential if they had used a steel guitar!

ps. just kidding guys

rotorrookie
17th Oct 2007, 23:34
wow you don't have to be gay to work for DanCopter but it obviously helps.....

"fly on the wings of love"
"fly baby fffflllyyyy" :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::=:=:=:=

floatsarmed
18th Oct 2007, 02:32
This MUST be a piss take surely? Why anyone would want to do this? What purpose does it serve apart from making you want to run screaming to the nearest blackboard to run your fingers down it! :eek::eek:

Night Watchman
19th Oct 2007, 07:11
Floatsarmed,

It's a brilliant piece of contemporary music which should be memorised by all Bristow employees and sung heartily to the passengers on the way out to the rigs!

NW

floatsarmed
19th Oct 2007, 09:30
If they make me sing that unmittigated drivel as we fly out to the rigs they had better issue me with a very big sick bag!! The really crazy thing is someone probably got a promotion out of it?!!:rolleyes::eek:

rotor212
20th Oct 2007, 19:26
Bite your tongue....That's AIR LOG not Bristow...

scottishterrier
21st Oct 2007, 15:07
I hear some poor soul lost his job over this little comedy

S76Heavy
23rd Oct 2007, 16:39
For making it in the first place, for making it available to the public or for criticising it?