PDA

View Full Version : Tailwheel training

Crash one
28th Aug 2007, 12:54
Help required.
Does anyone know of a training establishment within a reasonable driving distance of the Scottish central belt that does tailwheel training on their a/c? Or do I have to buy one first & then find an instructor per PFA coaching scheme?

'India-Mike
28th Aug 2007, 12:58
Prestwick Flying Club. Two Chipmunks. £157 per hour dual, £8 per landing. Even at those rates expect your landings bill to equal your flying bill!

Training of very high quality indeed. We even had a 16 year old do his first solo 3 weeks ago on the Chippie.

PM me for a contact number. Cheers

MIKECR
28th Aug 2007, 13:21
Why not try Perth, you might find someone willing to lend you their aircraft for a few hours. No problems getting an instructor either, the likes of Simon does tailwheel training. I saw him just recently teaching someone tailwheel in a chippie. You could always ask Dai Heather Hayes for a lesson in his Pitts! Land that and you'll land anything!!

xrayalpha
28th Aug 2007, 13:28
There's a Thruster tailwheel microlight for sale at Strathaven for £2,000. Learn to fly that and you'll have no problem with Cubs etc.

Very best,

XA

Say again s l o w l y
28th Aug 2007, 13:45
The only place I can think of is Prestwick as has already been mentioned before.

Lots of fun in a chippie as well!

Crash one
28th Aug 2007, 17:26
Thanks all
I think I'll try Prestwick