PDA

View Full Version : UL and Mihin Lanka...?

tropaco
28th Aug 2007, 12:34
Does anybody know when the next cadet intake for UL will be as I have heard a rumour that it will be at towards the end of the yr towards Nov or early Dec - but as always this may depend upon available TRE's.
Also does anybody have any info on joining Mihin Lanka are the aircraft wet leased or do they take on low time Lankan pilots with A320 type ratings?
Any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.
:ok:

newagebird
30th Aug 2007, 13:38
hey
Whats TRE's? A friend who did the intake in march said there would be one before the year ends, so maybe november is the month!
Whats your situation with hrs and experience anyway?

Im not sure mihin takes low time pilots, doubt they will have the structure to take pilots of low experience right now, they are just starting out but maybe in the near future. Wouldn't hurt to contact the careers department and ask though.

cheers newagebird

sholva
1st Sep 2007, 11:33
Tropaco,

As far as I know Mihin Lanka has leased their Aircrafts with the Pilots.

As for Sri Lankan, I heard a rumour that the advertisement for Cadet Pilots will be going out end of September. If this happens then they will be recruiting by november.

Regards,
Sholva

newagebird
8th Sep 2007, 03:14
hav a look a UL's press releases, everytime they put something out about cadets graduating, in less than 2 months after that the ad goes out.

cheers newagebird

newagebird
9th Sep 2007, 14:24
saw on reuters today, emirates wants to expand our fleet to upto 30 within 5 years..wow! interesting news

ab334
30th Sep 2007, 14:54
hey any info on when the next intake is??

captslk
9th Oct 2007, 10:16
Do you believe that, EK wants to expand the UL fleet to 30. This **** is until the deal is signed. There after we will be just hopping with the birds we fly now.
However there is a possibility that they will pass there clapped out stuff to us. look at the EK new orders. And where are they gonna put the old once. Dont think the desert in the UAE has room. But dump it with UL. As we fighter pilots and grease boys will fly them.
Sometimes feels that EK tied up with UL to dump there waste.
:ugh: