PDA

View Full Version : Can I fly a Polish airecraft over here?

Grob Driver
27th Aug 2007, 22:20
Where can I find information about flying foreign registered aircraft here in the UK? For example, I remember that the YAK 18T’s were no longer allowed to fly here on Russian registrations but were converted to the Hungarian register, yet the Yak 52’s fly here on the register. Is there a list of what can be flown here and what can’t?

I’m particularly interested in Polish aircraft… Is it possible / legal to fly a Polish registered aircraft here in the UK, and if so, what ‘status’ would the aircraft have? If the aircraft had a full CofA in Poland, could it fly here with the same privileges? Is there a definitive list somewhere of aircraft that can be flown on the British register? For example, I assume that the Yak 18T’s can’t be placed on the British register? I guess the CAA have all the answers but I wouldn’t know what department to ask!

I know that Poland is a JAA member state, but I don’t know how that affects it’s aircraft flying over here.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

IO540
28th Aug 2007, 06:43
There is no restriction on parking and flight within the UK, of foreign registered planes, for private (not commercial) operations, provided they have a full ICAO certificate of airworthiness.

There was a UK government proposal to kick out everything but G-reg after being parked here for 3 months and not allow them back for 9 months, but that was abandoned a year or so ago.

You will need the appropriate license/rating to fly it but that is according to the state of aircraft registry i.e. Poland.

I have no knowledge of the Yak issue but vaguely recall that they got caught because they had been issued with bogus documents back in Russia.