PDA

View Full Version : Kuwaitstorm.com

mini
25th Aug 2007, 22:59
... may be of interest, real time radar, atc etc. Not sure it will survive for long given the local press response.

whocares47
2nd Sep 2007, 21:03
Actually the site survived. It has been sanctioned by the Ministry of Communications and the local Civil Aviation Authority the DGCA. I met the minister personally and he told me how proud he was of the Kuwaiti site and told me to develop it further.

From the Kuwait Times

Local News
Airport security Kuwait's top priority: Civil Defense

Published Date: August 29, 2007
KUWAIT: Officials at the Public Authority for Civil Defense said yesterday that they were pleased with the safety measures at Kuwait International Airport as well as all aircrafts landing and taking off.

The Head of the Public Authority for Civil Defense Fawaz Al-Farah, who was speaking at a press conference at the airport said, "The airport underwent regular security and safety checks and passed the safety tests conducted by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

Kuwait always did, and would continue to do all it can, in association with international organizations involved in flight safety to ensure safe air travel in line with international norms," he added. He explained that some websites that kept an eye on the activities at Kuwait Airport presented no threat to airport safety here. He added that the website, which was run by a Kuwaiti air pilot, was used by 'amateurs only,' and had no impact on the professional electronic activity at the airport.

He pointed out that similar websites operated throughout the world and added that his department had sufficient information on all such websites and had no intention of blowing the matter beyond proportions. -- KUNA

biggles39
6th Sep 2007, 04:40
Hi,

Had a look at this - fantastic !:D

Can't load it on my PC at work due to network restrictions but will do at home tonight

I am gald that this website has been allowed to continue - what about on for the UAE now ?

May be worth a post on the Middle East Forum ?:ok:

Cheers
biggles39:)

whocares47
6th Sep 2007, 12:41
Thanks. To get it to work in Dubai someone has to buy the neccesary equiptment like this www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk