PDA

View Full Version : Barbados offshore oil / gas field...

Flying Bajan
23rd Aug 2007, 21:57
Greetings Gentlemen and others...

I'm very new to the PPRUNE forums, but I have to say that this place is a WEALTH of info - just waded through the Persian Gulf thread - and most individuals on here seem to be quite well informed about the state of the offshore oil flying business.

Anyone know anything concrete or heard any rumors about this field and if / when it'll begin to be developed and if there will be opportunity's for helo pilots there ?

Also, any one of you fine folks who'd care to give a few meaningful pointers (in terms of who to talk to) regarding employment as a SIC in a medium / heavy IFR twin or PIC in a VFR single, anywhere on the planet, I'd be happy to hear them.

Best regards to all....

crunchingnumbers
24th Aug 2007, 12:57
Oil Exploration in Barbados is a ways off as far as helicopter pilots are concerned.

At this point in time, only leases are being tendered for potential exploration. Although a time frame has been placed on successful bidders for further exploration, or evaluation of those bids, we are talking about deep water (read expensive) and no certainty for finding fields.

Whilst possibly interesting for Barbados for the future (and Barbados has to exploit every opportunity), you may well need a tilt rotor license at the before it all happens.

:suspect:

Flying Bajan
27th Aug 2007, 19:53
Ah ha ! Another apparently well informed indivdual ! Many thanks...