23rd Aug 2007, 13:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK6V4Kt_Ejw
It speaks for itself!

buoy15
23rd Aug 2007, 15:48
Pity about the crap music though!:sad:

syncro_single
23rd Aug 2007, 16:35
Great video, brought back many happy memories of my time on 208.
Are there any plans to release more footage?

Managed a back seat trip and was surprised at what such a big jet could do.

Happy days, would I trade my rank and job now to be back with 208 Buccaneers?

In a flash.

cornish-stormrider
23rd Aug 2007, 16:48
Never went near the jet, I was suuuuuch a smally ******. Bought back great memories of real good times when.................................Best not say just now.

Some mighty fine shots, specially that low level past the tower:E

I never kidnapped nuffink squire

Snapshot
23rd Aug 2007, 16:49
Hi mate,
just a few pics for the sake of doing it yesterday for the nana mates!
Glad you liked it! Might try and make a better one if have the time?
The flypasts were from the time when I did the still photography,
ive never shown anyone due to poor quality (or was it I didnt or couldnt transfer all that stuff way back then any better?) :bored:
However I think they work well and bring back the feeling of the moment!
Then of course it was nice to put some up of the farewell party
but have only added the tame ones to protect the innocent! :mad:
Had to add the end piccie of Mr Boot! RIP
http://www.avcollect2.co.uk/AvCollect/buccaneer/352e.jpg
AB

Banana Boy
23rd Aug 2007, 20:29
Good stuff, Brooksey!

They were, without doubt the happiest days. A JP on 208, no powers of auth...just hours of fun. Nothing since has come close.

I'm still waiting for your book.....?

BB

Snapshot
23rd Aug 2007, 21:30
Thanks BB, yes it was an awesome time!
Always felt very privileged to be a part of that!
Compilation of 3 months from Brum up North a back too many times to mention, Snowdonia, St Athan Cotte and Marham but was so worth the effort!
Captured on a few rolls of film a lot of energy from a special time that gladly can be evoked any time by viewing!
Im planning a trip back to said photo location next week, first time in 13 years! Catch up with some old friends! Might bring the camera!!
AB

seanbean
23rd Aug 2007, 23:39
Nicely done - just goes to show nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

orgASMic
24th Aug 2007, 08:16
I remember thinking to myself, on seeing the planned Bucc farewell round-robin of the UK in the morning brief (1994?), that there was no way we would see them, given the cr @p weather in the Vale of York.
Later that morning, with the vis at Church fenton being just about good enough to see out of the Tower, the Linton line rang and the App controller just said 'They're coming!' With that, one Bucc went by the window on a knife edge. He was level with my eye line, whilst I was sat down at the desk. The other came over the top of the Tower and then let down so we could see right up his jet pipes. A cheery "Mornin'" came over the Fenton Tower freq and they disappeared off to Finningley.
Good effort. :D

althenick
24th Aug 2007, 15:39
An Excellent NAVAL Aircrft :E
Rambling Mode on...
Just an observation here, but here we are on the cusp of bringing back serious carrier bourne aviation and there was an Aircraft That could have been as militarily valid today as any other combat aircraft on the UKDF Asset register. It also tells me something about the longevity of Aircraft - Navalise it and it will last forever. I wonder what it's capabilities be if it had been given a decent Avionics Upgrade and new engines. Could these Aircraft go back ito prduction? Would Modern production methods and materials Increase Performance?
Incredible isnt it. When the Fleet Air Arm got Beefed up RAF Designs for Aircraft they inevitably didn't do well. However When the RAF get an Aircraft designed with Naval Flying in mind then its one of the biggest success stories of the RAF!
Prehaps there is a lesson to be learned here about Designing Aircraft :ok:

Rambling Mode off

Max Shutterspeed
24th Aug 2007, 16:32
Great pictures!

Could someone explain to a hard of thinking chap like me exactly how the laser designator thingy worked, as in the video?

Did it orbit at high altitude and have to line up manually, or what?

MS

Wee Jock McPlop
24th Aug 2007, 16:35
Nice one Brooksey! Hope that book does appear!

Had 2 years in the tower at Lossie that coincided with the end of the Bucc. Top, top bunch of blokes - Fat Boy, Shaaapeee, Ned, et al. Top bunch in the tower too. The ATC lunches in the OM always had a bit of spice with the Bucc guys around:E. Only at Lossie could you de-bag the SATCO (wg cdr) & DSATCO (sqn ldr) and chuck em out the scruffs bar windo.:ok: What a sight that was:eek: Then feel so brave (10 beers worth) that you would try the same on Wookey - not the brightest idea:ouch:

WJMcP

Snapshot
24th Aug 2007, 16:48
VERY brave to try that on Wookie! Hahaha! :ooh:
AB