PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 310

hobbit1983
22nd Aug 2007, 10:00
Does anyone have experience of owning/operating/flying/paying for the aforementioned type?

If so, would very much appreciate hearing your views & opinions on it, either here or by PM - thinking of buying/leasing such an aircraft in the near future, and need advice.

Thanks

Hobbit

stiknruda
22nd Aug 2007, 10:52
you have a pm

Daysleeper
22nd Aug 2007, 11:03
Lovely Lovely aircraft. Only real snag was the outrageously complex gear system. Never had one fail on me but know a few folk who have.

The later models with the inclined tip tanks flew much better than the original salmon tank ones IMHO. Fast , a joy to throw about and able to lift a good load. I would think these days they might be a bit thirsty though compared to some of the newer diesels particularly. Overall an excellent pilots aeroplane.

MEON VALLEY FLYER
22nd Aug 2007, 12:19
what ever happened about that rumour for spar repleacment ad on all 300 models, that was going to half values or worse ? I know there was one for the larger series.

411A
23rd Aug 2007, 04:07
No proposed nor anticipated spar action with 300 series twin Cessna aircraft, so far as I know.

MEON VALLEY FLYER
23rd Aug 2007, 06:57
411a

So which models was it for (surely I didn't just dream it,)

As for the 310. I have only flown the Q model and they are a lovely fast machine. It's nice to feel a bit higher that the Seneca and the luggage hold is a good size, plus a usefull nose locker on the later ones. I think the ealry ones a undepowered and would be costly mx, but in Europe they are thin on the ground anyway. I also though they were good load haulers. We would often run down to the channel islands 6 up with weekend bags and still shoot around like a ferrari, but again the smaller engine older ones could have issues here.

I also think purchase wise they offer good value for money, but that could be because the mx bills will give head a soar head (can't comment i was never paying the bills)

OFBSLF
23rd Aug 2007, 14:59
Are you mixing it up with the 400 series?

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtwincessna2.html