PDA

View Full Version : Buenos Aires to Iguazu

ShinjukuHustler
21st Aug 2007, 22:23
Hello All,

I'm looking for some advice regarding internal flights in Argentina. I'm going to be there for a while in Nov/Dec and would like to take a trip from BuenosAires to Iquazu. I've checked LAN and Aerolineas but they are expensive.

Are there any other carriers down that way that I could use that might be cheaper?? Surely there must be a loco or some local regional carrier with a flock of ATR's or Dash 8's?

Regards,

SH.

AeroBoero
22nd Aug 2007, 05:08
Should I suggest you to look for a flight to Paraguay (TAM Mercosur). Or maybe even going to via Brazil (Gol & TAM).

Enjoy it! A great place to visit!:ok:

malagajohn
22nd Aug 2007, 07:03
lan and aerolineas have similar tariffs from aeroparque to iguazu - if you are flying with argentine friends they can possibly source tix cheaper than non residents

the other option as AB says is to fly from Ezeiza to Cuidad del Este with TAM Mercosur ( also has an Aerolineas codeshare) - usually a F-100 , but occasionally a A320 . last year TAM Mercosur was offering free transfers from Cuidad d el Este to Puerto Iguazu - not sure if the deal is still on

Service levels on TAM Mercosur are high compared to European low cost carriers - free hot meals and complimentary drinks

cavortingcheetah
22nd Aug 2007, 09:01
:hmm:
Mind you, if you do that, I think you have to fly from Buenos Aires international airport, Ezeiza, and not from the more conveniently located Jorge Newberry, in downtown BA.
Incidentally, to those in the know, is it a worthwhile excercise when on a visit to Buenos Aires, to go across and stay for a couple of days in Colonia and Montevideo? This would not be to the detriment of the time available for Buenos Aires itself.
Many thanks.:)

Thoroughly enjoyed the last four days of the feria in Malaga. Only problems encountered at any time were caused by denizens of small island situated in the north sea.

malagajohn
22nd Aug 2007, 14:01
Colonia de Sacramento is a nice town with decent hotels and is good for a break from civilization

MVD is also decent but dont spend too much time cos you'll get bored unless you have some nice company

Good to see that you enjoyed the Feria - you should have tried the feria of Benalmadena Pueblo as well:O:O

cavortingcheetah
22nd Aug 2007, 15:39
:)

Thank you for that. Was only let loose for four days of which a considerable part was spent in a certain sandy, if hard seated place, quite near to the Cafe Flor.:O
Next year, ¿perhaps Benalmadena Pueblo? ¡Olé! :D