PDA

View Full Version : Which way?

coley chaos
21st Aug 2007, 14:01
Im flying to the Dominican Republic onboard a My Travel aircraft from Gatwick in 2 weeks, and wondered which way we will probably go!? Are we more likely to go Lands End-Azores-Dom Rep in which case i will see just seagulls and sea all the way, or are we likely to go any other route? Hurricane or not ive not had a holiday in seven years so even if its 160mph out there im still making sandcastles and snorkleing!!!!!

Thanks chaps. :ok:

Musket90
21st Aug 2007, 18:36
Great circle route from Gatwick to Dominican is west of Azores, so unless high level headwinds on the day require a slightly different routeing then Lands End probably means just that, no land until Dominican. Enjoy the flight.

Atishoo
21st Aug 2007, 21:03
Coley

Are you sure you dont just wanna go make them sandcastles on Weymouth beach? cheaper and prob less windy too ;)

coley chaos
22nd Aug 2007, 07:44
NA... Im a going to Dom Rep, no stopping me. Bring on the storms, food poisoning, creepy crawlies etc... Weymouth beach just doesnt have the same illusion as a tropical beach. Should be no Sun readers there for a start on £3 a night Haven holiday break, with their shell suits, bling and moaning swearing kids!!! (appologies to those types, but Weymouth aint the same anymore) :ugh:

Looks like im going to take a good book for the flight then. Seagull spotting for beginers, wave types and their impact on climactic conditions, cloud formations-do they contain hidden messages?, Victoria Beckham before makeup and David, Harry Potter and whatever....... mmmmmmm, the agony of choice!!!

Any one know what My Travel are like?

Cheers folks.

TFlyguy
22nd Aug 2007, 17:49
No Sun readers with their shell suits, bling and moaning swearing kids????????

Can see you've never been to the Dom Rep before!

PaperTiger
22nd Aug 2007, 20:00
No Sun readers with their shell suits, bling and moaning swearing kids????????
Can see you've never been to the Dom Rep before!Quite. The salient test is; if a British charter airline flies there, then... :eek:

coley chaos
23rd Aug 2007, 07:21
Thanks chaps. :confused: Youve made me feel so much better now. (head.bucket. sand etc!!)

Coley. :{

TightSlot
23rd Aug 2007, 07:37
Ignore them - The great thing about opinions is that everybody has them!!!

Have a good holiday - tell us about it when you get back.

:ok:

Atishoo
23rd Aug 2007, 22:35
I'm sure Dominican Republic will be wonderful.... just dont eat there HAHA :}