PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airline Seats

Atishoo
21st Aug 2007, 13:57
Hi

was just wondering of anyone knows anything about SA pre booking of seats? i found this site which was really good and showed the best seat configurations, best ones to go for i mean. But i havent a clue how to try to get allocation, hoping to get some half decent leg room seats, as we are both over 5'11, and not looking forward to the long flight with knees under chin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. While im here just wanna say how much i appreciate how much you CC do up there, i think your all stars !!

parabellum
22nd Aug 2007, 00:20
I think you will find that seats in Business Class and First Class are reservable but I'm doubtful about Economy, however, suggest you contact your local SIA office and ask them, they have a large office in London.

Fly3
22nd Aug 2007, 07:41
www.singaporeair.com says that internet check-in and boarding pass printing is available up to 48 hours prior to departure. A seat will have been allocated but there is an option to change that.

skiesfull
22nd Aug 2007, 07:44
Try Singaporeair.com - I think that you can pre-book 'EY' seats. That website should direct you to pre-booking and on-line check-in when appropriate.

Cremeegg
24th Aug 2007, 07:34
In my experience the online seat booking for SIA Y seats doesnt work. Best way I've found is to visit SIA offices and be very nice to them or failing that arrive at the BAA shopping mall very early and try again there. Just have to face facts that as an infrequent Y traveller any decent seats will have been taken long before you by people that have some clout by being on the inside or having booked the seat about a year in advance.

Once on board the food, service and IFE make it a passable experience even if the SIA legroom is on the small side - ANZ still one of the best and now flying eastabout as well.

Roxburgh
26th Aug 2007, 20:50
Unlike Cremeegg, I have not had any problems getting Y class seat allocations to work at the time of booking, which has usually been in February for travel in August (school hols, so have to book early). I've booked directly via the Singapore Air website (as the prices were the same as those available via the consolidators). The seating plan appeared as part of the booking process, with "available" and "unavailable" seats clearly marked, and the seats I chose were those I and my family got to sit on. At one time you had to join SQ's frequent-flyer programme to be able to pick specific Y seats, but no longer, provided you book via their website.

Hope this helps.

Atishoo
27th Aug 2007, 11:09
Thanks,
I called SIA office direct and the Lady was really helpful, she picked up our booking and i asked iif we could have the best legroom she could give me, with child in tow. She said she would sit us in the two seats together which dont have anything in front of them and allocate either me or my Hubby in a seat either directly across the aisle or right behind. I thought that was very helpful, and hopefully when we check in we will have those seats.

parabellum
27th Aug 2007, 12:07
"She said she would sit us in the two seats together which dont have anything in front of them and allocate either me or my Hubby in a seat either directly across the aisle or right behind".

Sound as though you are sitting on the flight deck Atishoo!!! Only joking, (badly!);)

Atishoo
27th Aug 2007, 16:26
Ha Ha Par,

I wouldnt mind that !!