PDA

View Full Version : How much has recent UK weather affected you?

manfromuncle
21st Aug 2007, 09:16
I'm just curious to hear people's opinions on how the recent crap UK summer has affected the training market in the UK.

Have you noticed a drop in profits? Less people coming in to fly? Less people deciding to do their PPL?

I think there is no doubt it has affected the training market, I'm curious to hear opinions of schools around the country.

uncle ian
21st Aug 2007, 10:57
I don't do training but my work, which is predominately for still and moving pictures, has been very badly affected. I reckon I've lost 20 days' work this year already and most of that is gone for good. By contrast I've picked up just one day's work which was weather related (filming the floods).

I'm only on PPrune today because I've lost a job and I'm at a loose end. That figure of 20 days probably represents 25% - 35% of revenue for March to August so it's quite significant. Although I don't get much involved in passenger charter I hear that is well down this year too.
Apparently we're about to enjoy some lovely sunny weather in the next few weeks; but, then, this was going to be the hotest summer on record....remember?