PDA

View Full Version : 135 or 121

gratefuldeadhead
21st Aug 2007, 00:27
Hello All, Was just looking for some advice. I am a new FAA Licensed dispatcher and I am currently interviewing for employment. I currently have the option between two companies; one is a regional 121 carrier and the other is a 135 international charter. I think I eventually want to work as a international freight dispatcher, but am going to need some experience first. I've been told that 121 carriers really look down on individuals coming from the 135 side of the house, but I am not sure if this is factual. Both companies are going to be paying the same money. I would really appreciate any insight into the dynamics of the industry.
Many Thanks.

BelArgUSA
21st Aug 2007, 12:00
I would go 121 if I was you... it is true that 135 is sometimes considered to be less of a good background, however realise that most 135 air carriers are little by little getting to have to meet all 121 standards. Possibly, in the distant future, 135 will no longer exist, all carriers will have to meet 121 standards.
xxx
Another suggestion, yes, go for cargo/freight operations...
When the economy goes bad, the first thing is passengers stop travel, as they cannot afford vacations, and businessmen do not buy travel tickets, they use the phone rather than spend money on airlines and hotels. No matter how the economy is, freight still must move...
xxx
In the bad economy periods of the past, air cargo never showed much reduction in volume... Not the same with passenger airlines...
All the best to you -
:)
Happy contrails