PDA

View Full Version : How long for this SECURITY CLEARANCE?

Albotross
20th Aug 2007, 18:04
Can someone ..please tell me HOW long it took them to get there security clearance from India...All this sitting is killing me here...Thanks guys.

Kalistan
21st Aug 2007, 00:06
Anywhere from 4 to 6 months. Citizens from Commonwealth countries can make it anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months if all documentations in " perfect " order. The wheels of bureaucracy grinds at a sloth's pace in Mother India! Good luck

skytrek21
21st Aug 2007, 00:21
it's going to take at least 8 weeks. Haven't heard of anyone taking longer than that. The best thing to do is to check with the people you are dealing with as to what date they submitted your security clearance. From that date it's going to be 8 weeks.

Jackass Penguin
21st Aug 2007, 00:58
Mine was 28 days i.e. (4 Weeks) .92 of one month. - to the day

powerstall
21st Aug 2007, 02:16
ours took about two (2) months. :)

Albotross
21st Aug 2007, 02:36
Thats fast buddy..what company was that?

powerstall
21st Aug 2007, 03:52
all i can say is that it's a cargo company with a very good network in and out of india.

cheers!:)

Blacksheep
21st Aug 2007, 04:14
We had an Indian mechanic working for us over here for six years, all of it on a "temporary" airport security pass. His clearance from India never did come through. He'd been in Singapore for three years before that. He migrated to Canada, got his A & P and is doing rather well for himself but I think he still hasn't got his police clearance from India yet.

Albotross
21st Aug 2007, 12:56
I know they are short of flight crews in India...BUT...there Civil Aviation dept has to get there things in other...I think they are loosing pilots left and right because of this long sit and wait problem. At the same time...slowly pay scales in Far East and Middle East contracts are surpassing India:eek:....they need to bump up the pay and get this wating game down to minimum time. Only thing we can do is SMILE. Would love to meet some of you guys before we all go over for some curry:ok:...Have a great day everyone...SAM:)

speedtwoten
21st Aug 2007, 13:12
albotross, this is a copy from Jump Drive in the other thread in this forum, and you aware about how the "indian way" so accept it and wait it can be tomorow or next week as long as they not mention the year:{

dont think so mate
i disagree
maybe this is a case of someone & i understand that
he/she got frustrated of the "indian way" of doing things here
which are very very laid back, and overloaded of papper work
& those phone calls that come back after days of dialing up
& could not afford to wait certain time for his money to paid back
so far i havent met a single expat mad or angry at the airline
in fact more & more are coming every month to join

the food issue, i also disagree, i eat every day undercut or
any type of seafood, been here for long now & not sick once

anyway its my exp here, very happy

if you get inside the indian LOOP, youll be ok
which is fly ,
dont care about anything else you see on the roads
make money & take holidays off to relax even more

cheers

Albotross
21st Aug 2007, 13:21
Made me smile...Thanks buddy. Are you working in India? Can you tell us how things are going..good or bad...Thanks again...SAM