PDA

View Full Version : First thing 'walkaround' ...

FWOF
20th Aug 2007, 12:42
Standing in the rain waiting for my EZY flight to Belfast from Liverpool this morning, I suddenly took interest in the FO (Hope I got that right, two stripes?) as he did his walkaround the plane (first thought was whether or not he was gay as he was so well turned out!), and I got to wondering what the checks actually are that they do from the ground and do they do a check after every flight, or just first thing?

Bullethead
20th Aug 2007, 13:07
G'day Fwof,
Back when I was learning to fly, during your walkaround check you could examine the entire structure of your little aircraft. Basically checking for any damage, fluid leaks, fluid quantity(oil& fuel), security of all the moving bits that any covers and securing devices such as control locks had been removed.
Several decades later I'm flying a much larger aeroplane, B767, and I check much the same sort of stuff. Granted I can't even see much of the structure but on the odd occasion I have found faults which needed to be rectified.
Damaged tyres, leaks here and there, sometime skin damage due to impact by ground servicing vehicles, faulty nav and anti-collision lights etc. All this stuff is supposed to be checked by the maintenance staff but once in a while things get missed and my check is the final backup.
As a Captain I'm obliged by the regs to do this walkaround and I personally do it every time regardless of the weather. Probably why the F/O was doing the walkaround on your flight.
Regards,
BH.

G-BPED
20th Aug 2007, 19:10
FWOF quote: " first thought was whether or not he was gay as he was so well turned out! "

So how a person "turns out" is an indicator to you of their sexuality !!

What a sad muppet you are.

FWOF
21st Aug 2007, 08:07
Not at all ... I have a number of gay friends, guys, and they are ALWAYS better turned out than the hetrosexuals ... without fail! How can you argue with my own opinion!?

Take more milk with it and have a lay down!!

And on a totally off topic matter, there's nothing more disappointing than meeting a great looking and wonderfully turned out guy who's charming, great company and smells divine, only to find out he bats for the other side!! :(

TightSlot
21st Aug 2007, 08:16
This seems to be creeping towards a different kind of walkaround, FWOF - may be keep it back on track please?

FWOF
21st Aug 2007, 08:43
Twasn't I that took it OFF topic really, although I did quantify my off the cuff remark. Shame that G-BPED only saw fit to comment on the sexuality part of my post, and not the important rest of it. :ok: