PDA

View Full Version : Strange but true....

27mm
20th Aug 2007, 10:44
Arrived at the passport queue at MUC with EZY last night - the Brit pax ahead of me, when asked for his passport, gave his driving licence photocard to the German Immigration officer, who was singularly unimpressed. Brit pax then started shouting the odds, claiming that "I haven't got my passport with me and I've done this before with no problem". Needless to say, he stopped airside....Nevertheless, it does raise an interesting point, in that the STN EZY checkin staff must have accepted his driving licence......

Getoutofmygalley
20th Aug 2007, 10:58
There is no way the check in or gate staff at STN would let him board the aircraft at STN without a passport, reason being that if they did, the guy could have been deported straight back to the UK on arrival at MUC if MUC passport control checked his passport (which they would do).

The guy had probably lost his passport and was trying to blag it, especially if shouting the odds.

Don't tar easyJet unless you now the full story!....

Rainboe
20th Aug 2007, 10:59
I would say it's total bluster. He left or lost his passport somewhere and was hoping to barge his way through. One wonders why so many Brits without passports can't get through when it seems the whole of the world's non-Brit passport holders and non-Brit non-passport holders can get in? But that's our politicians for you!

27mm
20th Aug 2007, 11:08
Getoutofmygalley, I apologise unreservedly - did not mean to bad mouth EZY, who provide me with a lifeline 'twixt MUC and STN!

lexxity
20th Aug 2007, 20:04
Sorry but this guy is talking cobblers saying he's done it before.

PAXboy
20th Aug 2007, 22:18
I lived in MUC for 18 months and was through the airport every three weeks, along with loads of colleagues and friends.

No Passport? No entry.