PDA

View Full Version : The Mosquito

aussie-Frenchman
19th Aug 2007, 12:51
Hey all how are you going? I just wanted to draw some attention to pilot's views on the Masquito and It's saftey and realiability aspects.I stumbled upon some great footage through utube videos and I thought what a brilliant little machine I would love one. They are a classified ultrliaght I believe ,Do hours account on these helicopters or not ? would they be suitable for mustering work etc. do you think in Australia?

Verbatim03
20th Aug 2007, 04:06
2 stroke death trap running at full power, with 2 pony keg sized fuel tanks inches from your head. You couldn't pay me enough to fly one out of a hover. I don't think this video is of the mosquito unless its some kind of variant, but I'd imagine a botched autorotation in a Mosquito has the same results.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mi6Qk_Nf99E

aussie-Frenchman
21st Aug 2007, 14:57
Il looks too me like he botched up his auto as you know 80% pilot error is the blame for mose aviation accidents. Don't worry I understnd it is a 2 cylinder but the robinsons have has there far of the same faults.

JimL
21st Aug 2007, 15:12
aussie-Frenchman,

as you know 80% pilot error is the blame for most aviation accidentscouldn't you be slightly less judgemental and use the term Human Factors (which does not equate to pilot error).

Jim

remote hook
21st Aug 2007, 20:07
Everything is pilot error these days.

Why this morning our engineer tried to send a Fax, one of the pilots picked up the phone, and even the Fax machine printed off a report saying "pilot error....":ouch:

RH

aussie-Frenchman
22nd Aug 2007, 13:20
Yes jim I stand corrected it is what I meant although my use of the english language was not what I intended.And ha ha on the fax machine that is quite funny, Have you guys got any opinion on the mosquito?

IHL
22nd Aug 2007, 21:28
Actually the auto looked pretty good except for the bottom end. He waited a little long to pull in collective to cushion the landing.

I would love to fly a mosquito; one built by deHavilland with 2 Rolls Royce Merlins!

mini
22nd Aug 2007, 23:06
"2 stroke "

Thats enough for me... :sad:

thekite
24th Aug 2007, 10:42
No that was not a Mosquito.

Yes the pilot screwed the auto, did you see any pitch pull? No? then how about levelling the skids before touchdown. See that? No? Me neither. And "Holy sh..." summed it perfectly.

To the two-stroke-hater pillock: In 40 years of flying I have only shut down engines twice. Both times in turbine powered helis. Both times through loss of oil pressure. Two stroke engines neither have nor need oil pressure.

Do try to grow up, chaps. Any time before your next posting will be fine.

thekite

topendtorque
24th Aug 2007, 12:37
The Kite
your mail order skeeter on the way yet?
cheers tet

thekite
24th Aug 2007, 13:00
yep

thekite