PDA

View Full Version : Performance A

7E7Flyer
17th Aug 2007, 09:17
Hi ppruners,

Some airlines require applicants to have completed 'Performance A for ICAO license holders', see for example wizzair.com/career/default.asp?language=IT

What exactly is this?

Thanks
7E7

Navex77
17th Aug 2007, 10:55
It's a subject about aircraft perfomance i.e Perfomance of Airbus 320. You must know the perfomance and limitations of the aircraft you'll be flying before you go further for practical flying like in simulator. It's simple yet confusing a bit (for me :ugh:)

7E7Flyer
17th Aug 2007, 10:59
So is this covered with the JAA ATPL exam?
If not, where/how can I do this? I was hoping the written exam run would be over :ugh:

LoopGuru
17th Aug 2007, 12:09
The Performance A (or Perf A as it was known) used to be a separate exam in addition to the other ATPL subjects, but this was pre-JAA.
These days, the Performance A theory is covered in the study and the Performance exam you do as part of the current JAA syllabus.

Best Wishes
Loop

Navex77
17th Aug 2007, 15:47
I'm not sure with JAA ATPL, I'm an CAA ATPL Holder. For CAA UK syllabus it consists of two different phase, CA6 and CA2. CA6 covers Navigation,Instruments,Radio Aids,Flight Planning, Meteorology Theory and Meterology Practical whereby CA2 covers Perfomance 'A' and Loading. I'm very sure that Perfomance 'A' is a must for every airlines.