PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines

youwantmetodowhat
17th Aug 2007, 08:00
I heard from a friend the other day that Vietnam Airlines was going to introduce a fine system for the pilots. He had said they were going to start introducing penalties to their pilots for being late to work, not wearing their hats etc. Is it true? Is it for all the pilots? It sounds pretty unbelievable. He was saying that the fines were quite substantial...one days pay for a first offence, two+ days pay second offence etc. Thanks for your help in advance. Has anyone else heard about this?

kefz
19th Aug 2007, 04:26
i think the airlines should have introduced this system long before.Its very common in the asian airliners nowadays having late coming pilots and not well groomed.. not properly dressed... etc.... Its good that they finally came to this "penalty" system.

youwantmetodowhat
19th Aug 2007, 15:33
Hi Kefz,

I dont want to rain on your parade regarding your post as you are only a new member on Pprune and by your age and previous thread (A320 Fleet Airlines) you are only very new to this industry and have never worked for an airline.

This is far more complicated than you can imagine as it apparently goes into all areas including direct liability for the operating crew if involved in an incident this is what I am trying to confirm before looking into Vietnam Airlines. If this is true (and I hope it isn't) you will regret your post regarding this subject. You should think twice before making comments about working for airlines and their conditions or until you have at least worked for one.

Good luck with your career and your search for work.

Panama Jack
29th Aug 2007, 14:54
I've never heard of a fine system before, but really it is just another disceplinary system out there. Others include "letter in your file," 3-strikes your out, that type of stuff. As far as other airlines that have pretty strict ways, Qatar Airways is one where pilots must always wear their hats in public (even when sitting down in the terminal and when leaving the flight deck during the flight to visit the aircraft lavatory).

Overall, it is not necessarily so much the method of punishment, so much as the absurdity of some rules. Oh well, I guess that is one form of airline competition and pilots aspire to one or another.

LindbergB767
31st Aug 2007, 13:52
I think that Vietnam Airlines should start to fix their aircrafts before to try to introduce a fine system to punish the foreign pilots