PDA

View Full Version : Aie Force to Commerical

fly_guy100
15th Aug 2007, 22:30
What's up everyone, this is my first post here on this section, mostly I've been posting on the cabin crew section b/c that's what I currently want to do until today, I've been having some second thoughts. This is my last year in high school and the U.S. Air Force recruiter came to my campus, and he pulled me out of class b/c someone had told him my love for aviation and wanting to become a commerical airline pilot. I guess one of my teachers told him. Anyways, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I mean, if I join, I would be a pilot right away, and thats what I'm looking for. I would only have to give the AIr Force 4 years of my life, and then after those 4 years, I could quit. Now, my question is, do you think within those 4 years I could gain these minimum requirements for EMirates Airlines as F/O:

A minimum of 4,000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 2,000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience
ICAO ATPL?

Excuse my ignoarnce but I don't know anything about the requirements and all of that good stuff. So please, I hope anyone can help me out b/c the recruiter wants to meet with me again so we can start the process of joining the air force. Please please!!!! Thanks guys!

Lafyar Cokov
15th Aug 2007, 22:35
blah blah blah wrong reasons for joining, blah blah blah shot down in Iraq, blah blah blah not an alternative to civvy flying blah blah blah what if you don't make pilot blah blah blah.
Hope this helps :)

AIDU
15th Aug 2007, 22:36
So, you have been posting in the Cabin crew section because you have always wanted to be a pilot:confused:? I am sure that the US Air Force would gladly spend millions of dollars training you to be able to fly for Emirates Airlines:ok:. Why them in particular? Surely you would be better off flying for United Airlines or even American Airlines. I am sure if you speak nicely to the recruiter and tell him what you need from the USAF they will be very accommodating. Good luck and please, PLEASE tell us what he says.

Airborne Aircrew
15th Aug 2007, 22:43
...and don't tell us you really don't need to know how to take off and land a heavy jet... just, like, fly it around a bit....

Funny fekker...

Fg Off Max Stout
15th Aug 2007, 23:01
I would echo the previous replies and add:

4000 hrs in 4 years in the armed forces... Our survey said: nnn nnn

Juud
16th Aug 2007, 00:17
- a heads-up -

This person is indeed a very regular poster on the CC forum. :rolleyes:
There are few airline in the known universe about which he has not started a thread.
He has covered most health problems that might occur in the course of a normal lifetime.
He has extensively asked about how to fix visas for many different countries.
He has even started a thread about maternity leave. :ugh:

Of course, now that he has discovered the friendly and ever helpful Mil-forum, things might be looking up over on CC. :ok:

L J R
16th Aug 2007, 05:42
To clarify then Judd, what you really mean ....

He is a Loser..

am I right?

StopStart
16th Aug 2007, 07:31
I think you should sign up right away. In fact, don't even finish school. In 4 years you will easily get 4000hrs. Training is barely a year and after that you will easily get over 100hrs a month, every month, for the next 3 years. In your spare time you could even sign up as reservist cabin crew too. I also believe NASA are looking for people with a bit of spare time at the weekends to man their new moon unit - I'd bet you're just the chap. At the end of the 4 year engagement Emirates will send their corporate jet to collect you for your new job.

If I were you I'd quickly type up my application on my invisible typewriter and then get my fastest owl to deliver it. Failing that I'd probably get nurse to up my meds.

:hmm:

toolowtoofast
16th Aug 2007, 07:44
posted by flyguy in april 2004:

Hello everybody!

Let me just say that this is my second post here and everyone here has been amazing to other wannabes! Especially to the Emirates ones! My first post didn't get any replies!:sad: But I hope this one does!!!!:O

My question is, I'm 20 and I read a few posts that some people actually got the job with EK when they weren't 21! So I'm asking you if it's worth it to go to a walk in even though your not 21. And what I'm wondering is if I don't make it the 1st time around, which is likely, and I go back after my 6 month probation, they might find out that I tried to apply when I was 20 and they might not hire me beacuse I don't listen very well, which is I went when I was 20 and wasn't suppose to until I turned 21. Get what I'm saying?

I think I really meet their requirements, I've been working ever since I was 16 which means I have 4 years of customer service under my belt and since I was 18, I've been a ticket agent for an airline here in the US which is definately face to face custimer service. Also, some other posts said that if they like you, you have a couple of years of customer service, etc, you have a good chance. What do all of you think about this????

Thanx for replies in advance!!!!:ok:

so just how old are you? i thought you said you were still at high school?

airborne_artist
16th Aug 2007, 08:08
Looking at his past posts, the one above is almost sensible - compared to this one:

"This may seem like a silly question to you all but how do you get a bigger butt and what are some good buttocks exercises? My friend suggested eating a lot of cheeseburgers. Any others?"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D