PDA

View Full Version : Indigo airlines SO and 'Pay to Play' Wannabes

FlyingChipmunk
13th Aug 2007, 01:26
I read with great interest how CAE and SimCenter are still lining up cashed up 'cadets' hoping for a short cut into Indigo without telling you what is actually going on there.

Since April this year, Indigo has 'accepted-in-principal' about 40 SOs, a cocktail of wannabes from Aeroprofessional, ICP pilot agency, SimCenter etc.... These guys are still waiting and Indigo has announced last week that SOs are not being accepted without the 100hours on type, AND besides, they do not have (and can't find) enough instructors to even train existing Indian & expat cadets. The 3 instructors who undergo JAA upgrade in October is about all Indigo has and these TREs have enough on their plate with line flying and existing training needs. Can't imagine those who are just undergoing training now, or who have just completed the type rating. Patience in this case is not a good virtue, GO get another flying job!

As far as I know from a current Captain and an HR person in Indigo, they happily accept applications and weave and conjure up positions that cannot be filled due to the lack of pilots, thus, they have a ready pool of wannabes, and are subsequently able to pick the cherries, which are those that meet DGCA's requirement of 100hrs on type. Don't be lulled into believing that you are actually gonna gain employment with 1000+ hrs, bare type rating and NIL hours on type, even though the rules say it is acceptable.......at least for the moment, till the rules change again ( which is almost a monthly occurence).

I just thought I'd write here to let you know that as commendable as it is for you to take the initiative and better your job prospects by getting a type rating, it is PRUDENT to get in writing from the employing airline a contract/agreement, and NOT from the training provider. Also, ask yourself, can you even find a SINGLE person who has done the type rating through a provider who promises employment and has been placed successfully in Indigo or Air Deccan? The ONLY lot of very unfortunate wannabes that paid US$17,000 to SimCenter for 500hrs line training for placement in Air Deccan, and started in March this year, have been doing observation flights even up to July, without a sniff of the right seat and paying for their own expenses.....not to mention being abused.:eek:. I spoke to one of them last week and his expenses, without taking lost income into account, is now US$27k, which includes the US$17k line training,initial air ticket to Bangalore, his shared lodging, simple food, transport and lodging. He said if he took into account lost wages, he'd be way over the $40k mark just by doing observation flights since early April.

Yes I am also A320 type rated since Jan.2007, but thankfully, I opted not to pay Eaglejet or anyone for line training, and I am now happy flying and have carved out another road that might lead to Rome, which is not the "Be All and End ALL' for me anymore. Besides, the twin turboprops are keeping me cool up front at the moment.

Please DO NOT PM me and what I have written above, are personal opinions and also does not include CAE's programs with other airlines, which I have been told first hand are excellent.....its only the Indian operators that have such inherent problems, fickleness and perhaps the Indians have Greenbacks pulled over their eyes :}, just like 'cadets' who have wool pulled over theirs:8.

Good luck to all.

DeltaSix
13th Aug 2007, 13:56
I've also heard that a few direct entry F/Os hired from other airlines are now planning to leave Indigo after only 4 months. Says something about the conditions.....

Robeki
14th Aug 2007, 00:14
FlyingChipmunk,
You can’t really compare the CAE program to the Simcenter program. Have you ever tried comparing a Ferrari to a Skoda?

The fact is ICPilot never had the Indigo program under control, my personal opinion. I know for a fact that that Indigo has put Simcenter on hold for a while, not enough training captains. Not sure if the same applies to CAE as some of the line training is completed before getting to India by CAE.

For those applying through ICPilot (Simcenter), the funny part is that many applicants received an email from Indigo stating that the program was being put on hold, that same email was addressed to ICPilot. Interesting that ICPilot finds out at the same time as some pilots who haven’t yet been recruited. Thus clear sign that ICPilot and Indigo are not well connected.

CAE is unable to meet the demand to fully train all of Indigo’s pilots, thus Indigo has to find other recruiting agencies. CAE has a contract to provide qualified pilots to Indigo. I maybe sticking my foot in my mouth by saying this, but I believe ICPilot works on commission per pilot selected. I know you are aware of the problem with the Pilots trained at Simcenter that went to Air Deccan. Who knows, maybe this is the reason Indigo slowed down recruitment through ICPilot (Simcenter). There are some very nice guys working at Simcenter, and they were the first to confess the whole issue with Air Deccan.

As far as I know, the Indigo program through CAE hasn’t been placed on hold. Maybe tomorrow I will get slapped in the face with the news, but for now, I will keep my head in the A320 books.

Rob

skytrek21
14th Aug 2007, 02:57
Chipmunk.....good post.... I am one of the SO's who has been accepted and then haven't heard anything there after. Didn't know the pool of wannabe's has grown to 40....wonder how long we have to wait. I am ok....I have a job here so will wait until called. Do post if you find any more info. Thanks.

vinayak
14th Aug 2007, 09:05
hi,
i am planning on going to CAE myself for Indigo... i wanted to know are any of u guys holding a indian licence?? i have "heard" it wont be too bad for me since i have a indian licence... please pardon my ignorance on the subject.

airbusito
27th Aug 2007, 23:12
So.... Then I´m completely confused. I´ve been called to do the Indigo´s assesment in Madrid via CAE and I dont know what to do... I have 2000hrs TT and no jet experience...
Plz tell me what would you do!! How are things in Indigo right now?? Are they hiring people with my experience??

thanks in advanced

FlyingChipmunk
28th Aug 2007, 10:20
what ever you are enrolling in will put you in position 8253 in-line behind alot of other SO wannabes.

Indigo is not taking SOs and are legally bound by the DGCA to take in pilots with at least 100hrs on type.......why do you think the other airlines who are so 'hard up' for pilots not employing the same bull**** 'fast track' scheme???....Someone is making alot of $$$ along the way....CAE, SimCenter, Bond etc......ring any bells??

pay your money, get your type rating, sit at home and wait for the phone to ring....become 2 years older and not wiser....:zzz::zzz::zzz:

thankfully I didn't do the same.

good luck.

Dickson
31st Aug 2007, 13:35
Dear FlyingChipmunk,

I read your post with great amusement! And I’m referring to the comments made about those “very unfortunate wannabes”

“The ONLY lot of very unfortunate wannabes that paid US$17,000 to SimCenter for 500hrs line training for placement in Air Deccan, and started in March this year, have been doing observation flights even up to July, without a sniff of the right seat and paying for their own expenses.....not to mention being abused. . I spoke to one of them last week and his expenses, without taking lost income into account, is now US$27k, which includes the US$17k line training,initial air ticket to Bangalore, his shared lodging, simple food, transport and lodging. He said if he took into account lost wages, he'd be way over the $40k mark just by doing observation flights since early April.”

You again display the typical hypocritical cry baby wannabe behavior, you clearly didn’t get something and now you need to rubbish everyone else who took a chance to make something for themselves and you are doing so by creating and pretending to have information which is so far from the truth that is not even funny!
Using your quote “is like comparing a Ferrari to a Skoda”.

Let me firstly establish some credibility, I happen to know two people who have undertaken the March Air Deccan intake, and the story coming out from them is 95% different than what is reported by you.
I will agree that when it comes to organizing themselves India in general is not up there with the rest of the world and therefore sometimes it will take longer for things to happen but your comments about “doing observation flights even up to July” is completely and utterly false as a matter of fact almost all of them have been released on line by the 1st week of July so please explain to all of us how can you do observation flights only until July and then manage to squeeze in 60 sectors (approximately 100 hours A320 time) and be released ….. All in 1 week?
That was point number one!
Now let me take you to point 2 (and please let me know if I’m going to fast for you … I’ll slow down) just to continue to expose your luck of lucidity when it comes to the facts, all of the lodging (at station or out station) that would be including transportation plus meals and so on has and continues to be covered by Air Deccan and at no time did any of these so called “very unfortunate wannabes” have paid a cent for it.
Now to put the icing on your bull**** cake! 4 out of 7 of these so called “unfortunate wannabes” have gain full time employment with well established A320 operators … has they all have over 300 hours on type.
So why don’t you explain to all the PPRUNE readers the real reason why you compiled such hypocritical bull****?

Since I’m sure the readers of these posts are dying to find out … let me give them a little insight in your world as I see it.

Firstly you must be one of the smart pilots unlike these “unfortunate wannabe” who SPENT THE MONEY for you A320 type rating and did what with exactly?
I mean, at least they have something to show for, for their hard earned money, what did you get for yours?
Are you flying the A320?
Are you earning what they are earning now?
Let me answer that for you …….. NO!
So who is the unfortunate wannabe now?
By the time you get on the A320 these unfortunate wannabe may be the captains seating on the left hand seat teaching you how to fly.

So please if you must give your opinions do so but make sure you get the right information and don’t rubbish people who are trying their best and making sacrifice in order to make a future for them.

In conclusion as far as I can see they went to Simcenter, made a commitment and now are collecting the fruits of their hard work.

Good luck getting a jet job, keep cool on those turboprops! :ugh:

viking320
2nd Sep 2007, 20:11
well said dickson because I am also one of them had to work 3 jobs for 2 years inorder to do this hope chipmunk understands well done have a great day

flaps 1
7th Sep 2007, 12:21
Wel you ve had a blast at chipmunk , where we come from it looks like he struck a nerve with you , to get such a viralent response ..:}
One thing I wanna hear , as is everyone else is from the guys who are doing these programmes not from you . Why you getting so upset and if you happen to know 2 of them (whats the odds of that from a worldwide base of wannabes who answer an online ad ) then get them to write in (under silly names of course ) and give us the lowdown on the situation .

WE WANT to hear from the people doing it , not YOU:rolleyes:

Or are you a secret agent !!! :hmm:

Also the guys yu mention were on the March 06 course right , jus so new readers don t think this is a current 07 situation .
Cause Ive done the simcenter "spend ya money thing "and was told Feb 07 Deccan was suspended and had the same confirmed very recently .

MatchaLover
8th Sep 2007, 01:02
A couple of friends of mine, one FO and one Captain, have gone to IndiGO recently. Both with lots of heavy jet time but bought their own A320 types at SimCenter MIA.

It seems that IndiGO has a program and it is working. I think it has been slow due to lack of instructors but hopfully that is changing. For low time guys (less than 1500) I think it is a risk but you never know.

In this business as in many others it is who you know and being at the right place at the right time.

DesiPilot
8th Sep 2007, 02:57
Vinayak,

If you have Indian licence why do you want to go through SimCentre? As an Indian licence holder any company will hire you, pay for your training and you sign a five year Rs. 2,000,000 bond with them.
If you are not an Indian citizen you can apply for OCI card and that will allow u to work in India.

:) DesiPilot

vinayak
8th Sep 2007, 14:29
whats a OCI card?

skytrek21
8th Sep 2007, 21:16
overseas citizen of India