PDA

View Full Version : CPL(H) Instructor?

Musket097
12th Aug 2007, 19:38
Greetings,

JAR FCL 2 States that an FI(H) may instruct on a course for the issue of CPL(H) if they have 500 hours on helicopters of which a minumum of 200 must be as an instructor.

The CAA suggest that you need to do a standardisation course prior to commencing instruction. Does anyone know if or where this is documented?

They also suggest that you need to be supervised for 3 CPL(H) courses before you can be CFI/Head of Training on a CPL(H) course, is this also true and if so where is this documented?

Thanks,

Musket 097. :ugh:

Musket097
12th Aug 2007, 21:34
I've been right through JAR FCL 2 and all the cross referencing.

Can't find any reference to Standardisation other than that for examiners. But the CAA are adamant that a FI(H) with a CPL(H) needs standardisation, but I can't find any such JAR requirement. :ugh:

puntosaurus
13th Aug 2007, 08:11
The CAA have form on this one. For a long time they were equally adamant that you need 15 hours on type with an FI to instruct on that type, but the JAR we were using and the ANO did not support that requirement.

manfromuncle
13th Aug 2007, 09:01
I would speak to Fred Cross or Martin Marsh at the CAA

TiPwEiGhT
13th Aug 2007, 17:38
2 day standardisation course followed by an approval flight with Fred Cross, he then lets the CAA know that you're good for CPL(H) training. I have a CAA document with the details, will try get it on here tomorrow.

TiP

manfromuncle
13th Aug 2007, 17:41
Who does their CPL in the UK these days? Not many people I bet.

TiPwEiGhT
13th Aug 2007, 17:44
Quite a few actually.