PDA

View Full Version : Photo presentation

Saintsman
12th Aug 2007, 19:14
I've recently returned from holiday in Kenya so I've taken lots of photos, especially on safari. My wife wants me to put something together as a momento so I thought that I would put them on a Powerpoint presentation.

My camera's a 7million megapixel and I've put about 90 photos on so far. Then I looked at the file size - 330MB which I suspect is rather large.....

Does anyone have a suggestion as to another or better method of displaying the photos?

Thanks.

Background Noise
12th Aug 2007, 19:33
Not sure how long until someone says get a mac. Some sort of albuming software would be good, but windows will play a slideshow. Or you could resize them to something sensible for viewing and keep the original files for cropping and printing.

AvroLincoln
12th Aug 2007, 20:06
Try using Photobucket.com, which is now my preferred method of letting people see my photos. It's free, incorporates automatic resizing and has a slide show facility.
Disclaimer: I have no connection with Photobucket except as a user.

Mac the Knife
12th Aug 2007, 20:14
You can downsize (copies) of the photos to 3mpx with no obvious loss of quality.

Powerpoint isn't designed to this sort of slideshow and doesn't do it that well (chug, chug, chug).

Irfanview (free) - http://www.irfanview.com/ - will downsize 'em for you AND auto-create a presentation for you.

treadigraph
12th Aug 2007, 22:22
If you've got PowerPoint 2003 or newer you can use the picture toolbar to compress the pics to 96dpi which will be ample for a screen presentation. Choose "all pictures in document". There are several other ways of reaching the same tool - have a play with the menus.

Also remember to "save as" (not "save") from time to time to ensure the file size is reduced.

Out Of Trim
13th Aug 2007, 17:39
Or - You could Download Google's Free Photo Software Picasa and edit and upload direct to Picasa Web Albums - Very easy to use and free.

See Here (http://picasa.google.co.uk/intl/en/#utm_source=en-all-more&utm_campaign=en-pic&utm_medium=et)

You can upload at various file sizes at whatever quality you like and then invite friends and family to view online including slideshow etc.

Saintsman
13th Aug 2007, 18:21
Great suggestions, thank you very much.