PDA

View Full Version : aerarran type rating cost

damicod
10th Aug 2007, 08:35
Aerarran are currently employing non type rated FO's with low hrs to pay for their own ATR type rating and join the company.

Theres no mention of the price on the website. Anyone got any idea?
It says that all travel and hotels are included. I wonder if it would be alot cheaper than a 737/A320 rating?

rgds

bobster1
10th Aug 2007, 08:48
It costs around £16k, check out:http://www.skyblueaviation.co.uk

Click, Our Services,Type Rating Training, ATR72, then download PDF at bottom of page, the price is there somewhere.

blueskiesup
10th Aug 2007, 16:54
you could always try ATR in Toulouse, you'll do your sim part there anyway.

damicod
11th Aug 2007, 08:43
thanks for the reply, ill check it out. I wonder if their 300 hr requirment for FO's was intended so as not to get every man and his dog apply having just graduated from flight school with 250hrs TT ?

CarbHeatIn
11th Aug 2007, 09:45
THis is new. People have got in recently with less than 250tt

damicod
11th Aug 2007, 10:34
300 hrs just seems a bit of a strange hrs bracket. You usually have around 200 intergrated or 250 modular after training.
Would also be worth knowing from anyone whos done it if there are any apptitude tests or is it the usual interview and sim ride

rgds

CarbHeatIn
11th Aug 2007, 12:32
Process:
1)Interview with HOT and HR. Technical questions included.

2)If successful, invited for sim check on 737-200. Chief Pilot and HOT in attendance. SID, intercept and track various QDMsQDRs, Hold and procedural ILS. PF and PM. You do not have to pay for the pleasure of being interviewed or sim checked.

3)If successful, given a date to commence 3 weeks of Ground School at Head Office in Dublin. First week an introduction to ATR systems and an introduction to SOPs, flows, checklists etc. Ground School Facilitators are experienced FOs. There's also a day of Performance in the first week with a senior TRI/TRE. Second week is ACOS or computer based training with the exam at the end. GSFs are also in attendance. Third week is a week of First Aid, Dangerous Goods, CRM, Fire, Wets etc. You will be encouraged to get in plenty of Jump Seat sectors during any free time.

4)Position to Toulouse at beginning of 4th week. 25k euros must be paid to Aer Arann before travelling to TLS. You will be told in writing that you will receive 12.5k back if you stay 5 years and that the other 12.5k can be claimed on from the revenue. All flights and accomodation in TLS are included in the 25k (as is accomodation during Line Training and you also receive Hotel accomodation for your first week in Base after Line Check)

5)9 sessions in the sim (4 hours each) followed by LST. Generally there are 2 free days half way through. May complete CAT 2 sim training also. All TRIs and TREs are Aer Arann Training Captains.

6)Start getting paid after LST. Approx 45k per year

7)Positon back to DUB. Complete 6 touch and gos on ATR 42 and 3 on ATR 72

8)Get Type Rating endorsed on Licence

9)Sign contract of employment. Collect free uniform.

10)Commence Line Training. Minimum 40 sectors followed by Line Check. Enjoy free coffee and water in cruise.

11)In most but not all cases, once released to regular Line Flying you'll be based in the Isle of Man initially.

damicod
11th Aug 2007, 14:09
Hi carbheat
thats sounds quite attractive. It sounds like you have just recently gone through it all with arann.
I finish my MCC on 5th Sept (this yr), do you think they will still be
looking at applications on the website by then. P.S Ive just noticed that I spelt the company name wrong in the 1st thread. That would go down well on an application form wouldnt it:D

CarbHeatIn
11th Aug 2007, 19:51
Hi Damicod,

Things with Aer Lingus and Easyjet seem to have slowed down for the moment so turnover of FOs may slow down. I'm only guessing though.

You'd be surprised how many people mess up the name.

Good Luck :ok:

Banon
11th Aug 2007, 20:22
carbheat . do the revenue still give the rebate for flight training? a friend was refused it when he applyed recently in dub.

thanks

carbheatout
11th Aug 2007, 20:25
carbheatin You Phantom ATR Flyer!
Wanna meet next Sunday when you're over here?
Any word from Borat? He seems to have disappeared off the face of earth in his Citation!

winggeek
12th Aug 2007, 00:02
well it has slightly changed, They havent got enough Training cpts to send down to tolouse so for the next while most if not all type ratings are done through sky blue aviation, It costs 25k euro. the flights to exeter where u will spend two weeks are not paid for and accomodation is not paid for, the flights to brest are paid for as are the transport (taxi) from brest to morliax and acocomdation return taxi to brest and flight back to the uk, the flight back from the uk is not paid for. you will then have 10 days more ground school in aer arann in dub. they will then send you to tolouse to do 3 sim sessions with aer arann training cpts thats all paid for. you will then go back to dub and do you base training,

winggeek
12th Aug 2007, 00:06
oh and now you only start getting paid from when you get the type rating put on your licence

damicod
12th Aug 2007, 08:12
Hi carbheat

Thanks for the info. I thought that it was a result of aer lingus and easyjet's recent recruitment drive that Arann have just recently put out adverts for Capts and FO's on their web. I think it only went on there as recently as 3 weeks ago. I would just like to know how long it will stay on there? , especially with all these new ATR's on their way?

rgds
d

blueskiesup
12th Aug 2007, 13:20
Has anyone approached them holding a rating, i'm planning on doing mine at ATR Toulouse this year.

damicod
12th Aug 2007, 15:04
I would say try and apply without one first. See what happens

MarkColeman
12th Aug 2007, 19:26
Can anyone tell me how long new FO's with aer arann are based in the isle of man? How many hours do you need to build up before you can transfer somewhere else generally?

winggeek
13th Aug 2007, 08:19
at the moment you will be put on isle of man when u finish ur line traing then when the next set of f/o's come through they will replace you, so in or around 6-8 weeks before u will move on.

Always Moving
13th Aug 2007, 08:35
I do not want to seem repetitive but Nobody said anything about having to pay your own TR!

Is it the norm now?
Did I miss something?
Seems that everyone is like yea cool by yourself a job pay for your own TR! yea! cool cool! yea! excellent! :ugh:

CRAP!

CarbHeatIn
13th Aug 2007, 09:46
My reasoning:
1) Modular training plus TR costs less than integrated. My overall training debt is substantially less than someone on one of the airline approved "mentored" schemes through some of the bigger schools.
2)Full salary from day 1. No S/O salary band here. A new guy at Cityjet for example, is not paying for his TR upfront but is through his reduced salary
3)No bond
4)Get 12.5k back if you stay 5 years. Can claim tax back on other 12.5k, granted there are some issues to be resolved between the revenue and the company about this.

blueskiesup
13th Aug 2007, 17:31
damicod,

have done the usual thing of on-line app, and even had a mate send the C/P a CV,nothing heard. So it's sstr time, i'm planning on ATR in Toulouse, anyone got any info on them?.

damicod
15th Aug 2007, 08:15
well I not sure about doing an ATR type rating off my own back as Ive heard of other people not securing a job after. I am in the process of sending my CV to Aerarann. If picked out of the 1000000000000000 CV's they must have I wont mind paying for a type rating if I know they will secure me a job

rgds
damico

Pogue Mahone
21st Aug 2007, 13:04
I am a typed and current Part 121 ATR Captain here in the U.S. They are advertising they will pay for conversion and sponsorship for those with a type and current on the ATR. My stuff is in again. I applied last year before the window closed. It will be interesting to see if they really want yankees this time.