PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Starter Cartridge

groveaviation
9th Aug 2007, 15:26
I've just bought a starter cartridge for a friend and am looking to get it polished engraved and mounted, has anyone got experience of this, i.e. is it fairly straightforward or do I need to give it to a pro (if so then any names?)

Bit vague I know, but hopefully you'll get the gist.

Thanks

jonnyloove
9th Aug 2007, 15:30
Give Del Hall a call at Survival equipment services they will know someone.:)

Jackonicko
9th Aug 2007, 15:32
They polish up very easily indeed. I have one that 7 Squadron did for me after I flew with them for two UAS vac attachments, with a small brass squadron badge (one of those lapel badges, I suspect, with the pin removed) and engraved. It still sits on my desk.

Mr Blake
9th Aug 2007, 15:49
Had one as a going away pressie. Handle was a 20mm case with 2 x 7.62s joining it all together. If you want to make it viable as a drinking tool, knock the percussion cap out of the bottom, apply heat to the hole and drop a penny into it. You'll find it's a perfect fit.

Hope this helps.

threeputt
9th Aug 2007, 16:43
I polished my cartridge a lot when I was younger!!:ok:

3P

clicker
9th Aug 2007, 23:52
I polished my cartridge a lot when I was younger!!

No misfires I hope. :p

MrFlibble
10th Aug 2007, 00:20
No misfires I hope.

Oh for the want of a safety catch... :O

scorpion63
10th Aug 2007, 08:52
Fill the inside with Coka Cola and leave overnight, that gets rid of the smell and the rubbish inside. Clean the outside with Duraglit or some sort of metal polish and thats it. We have hundreds of them sitting doing nothing at Coventry, any offers?

hobie
10th Aug 2007, 12:37
The going rate for them is STG 8.00 each according to 'Countrywide Productions" ..... :)

FHA
10th Aug 2007, 14:48
For the ultimate polish-yer-rocket shinyness on a starter cart, look no further than Micro-mesh; basically ultra fine sandpaper.

The rubber disks in the cases used to make brilliant improvised sink plugs as well (Junior Ranks block) while the carts themselves were good for blowing up pianos (Officers Mess).:ouch: