PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 7X, Too easy?

Caboclo
8th Aug 2007, 16:04
http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-page/article/pilot-report-dassault-falcon-7x65535/?no_cache=1
According to AIN magazine, the new Falcon has no pilot-controllable trim, no circuit breakers, and the only memory item is to put on the O2 mask in case of fire or depressurization. Is that overkill, or what? Why is so much training required to become a pilot when the airplane won't let you actually do anything? After flying that around for a couple years, what are the odds that the crew will be able to remain upright and fly a succesfull instrument approach on the standby instruments when the computer fails? I think I was born 50 years too late.

Caudillo
8th Aug 2007, 16:36
When the computer fails? Give me a break, you're just as likely to win the lottery.

con-pilot
8th Aug 2007, 18:26
It's called the future of all aviation. (Well, sooner or later.)

old,not bold
8th Aug 2007, 19:44
Right on, Caudillo, you've got it in a nutshe.........................................
............................................................ .............................................
............................................................ ......................................

key got stuck down.

Caboclo
8th Aug 2007, 21:35
Re the TAM flight, while the computers functioned properly, they are still at fault: the pilots were so used to using autobrakes and autospoilers that they forgot they could actuate both manually.

con-pilot
8th Aug 2007, 23:12
Look, I'm not saying that I am that happy about all this 'total automation' nonsense. However, it is the way of the future, like enclosed cockpits, instrument flying and Flight Directors.

At least on the 7X the pilot has 360 degrees of roll command. Pitch is limited.

Brian Abraham
9th Aug 2007, 01:47
So you got enough pitch authority to hold the nose up during a slow roll then? Sorry - couldn't help myself.

old,not bold
9th Aug 2007, 13:51
If not, try reversing the polarity on the FMS power supply while inverted.

Oh OK, I know, I don't really unnerstan these things. I'll get my coat........