PDA

View Full Version : GAPAN Jet Orientation Scholarship

badboy raggamuffin
8th Aug 2007, 11:26
Guess what popped through my door this morning:

Dear Mr Raggamuffin,

JOC SCHOLARSHIP

Thank you for your recent application for the above scholarship at EPST.

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that your application has been unsucessful on this occasion, however, I would add that it is currently planned for the same scholarship to be offered next year and you are welcome and encouraged to re-apply.

The guild was very gratified by the standard of this year's applicants. May I take this opportunity to thank you again for your application and to wish you every sucess in finding a position as a commercial pilot.

Sincerely

RM Cundy

Thats aviation for you I guess,another one for the scrap book. Am a bit miffed by the rejection, met all the criteria and really though I was in with a chance of an interview.
Anyone else out there not been rejected, if so I am interested to hear your qualifications/ experience level, see if I fell short in some way.

I R Baboon
8th Aug 2007, 12:18
I received the same letter today. Thought my story was worthy of an interview too!

I'm another one with fATPL and just shy of 300 hours. What I haven't got is a massive debt following my training which may have counted against me as I'm sure many others have. Would be a bit disappointed if that was all though as it took alot of planning and effort to end up in this position.

Overall I'm glad that I applied though and it's nice to know that there are still a few financial 'helping hands' out there. Still, makes you wonder what misfortune the successful people have had to endure...

badboy raggamuffin
8th Aug 2007, 12:23
There wasnt anywhere on the application form to say anything about debts/ financial circumstances though.
My guess is that they give priority to people who did the GAPAN aptitude tests b4 starting training.

I R Baboon
8th Aug 2007, 12:36
The GAPAN aptitude test was one of the first things that I did & the debrief was one of the reasons that I started training.

Another thought - I already have an MCC and there will obviously be some overlap with the AJFC offered. I think that an MCC certificate may even be included but can't find the relevant page on their website at the moment. Perhaps GAPAN get better value by awarding to people without MCC?

badboy raggamuffin
8th Aug 2007, 12:43
mcc training is included in the epst course for definite. could be that i suppose. Who knows at the end of the day.