PDA

View Full Version : What do Qantas want from potential Cadets???

jcassebohm
7th Aug 2007, 03:58
I'm a 21 y/o PPL with just 90 hrs and am applying for the Qantas cadetship. Am asking anyone who's been through the process for insight into how to prepare, already doing the usual study of the company, brushing up on PPL and CPL theory so I know it inside out, AIP's, geography etc. Does anyone have any useful tips? Do they take nerves into account when they interview you cos I am terrified. This is the fifth time Qantas will have seen a member of my family for Cadetship selections and still none successful!

command
10th Aug 2007, 23:59
mate just chill out a bit there ok. the guys and girls that will be interviewing you are just other pilots like yourself and you have the one thing in common.
you need to go in to that interview full of knowledge, know your stuff and just be confident. And if you dont know the answer to a question, just say you dont know. you dont need to be perfect. what they do want to see is that you didnt just wake up last year some time and decide i want to be a pilot. They want to see your life long burning desire to to reach command status on one of their aircraft. Also know exactly what your applying for because they will ask you that.
And just relaaaaaaax mate, they will make you feel quite comfortable, just make sure you can justify all your answers too.
good luck