PDA

View Full Version : Ba Dispatchers

LHRWORKER1
6th Aug 2007, 10:48
Hi all,

Anyone like to comment on the lack of BA dispatchers in T1,

I guess it must make things rather dangerous when aircraft are hanging off of stands in a cul de sac that are busy enough without a BA aircraft waiting for guidance.

Anyone llike to comment,

Captb747
6th Aug 2007, 10:54
Hmmmmmm........

I guess it must make things rather dangerous when aircraft are hanging off of stands in a cul de sac that are busy enough without a BA aircraft waiting for guidance.

What data has been gathered to support your claim. I dont think its dangerous. Inconvenient maybe but dangerous....No. ATC and ground controllers at LHR due a fantastic job of guideing A/C round the airport. Sometimes things happen but to single out dispatchers as the cause is a little premature I think.:confused:

LHRWORKER1
6th Aug 2007, 11:00
Not really claim more a question,

Its just when ive been driving around the roads ive seen alot sitting about when ive tried crossing the taxiways in my van.

Im sure i read a thead about 2 planes hitting each other and reading it, it appears what im asking about may have been a factor, again im not claiming anything just asking a valid question,

your previous remark about it not being so dangerous is a help,

I would have thought ATC and Pilots along with passengers hate it.

LHRWORKER

Captb747
6th Aug 2007, 11:07
As we all know LHR is a very busy airport with the number of movements at one time far outweighing the number of stands available. It is not ideal and I think your right in as much as Flightdeck, ATC and passenegers find it a complete pain in the a**e.

Things only start getting dangerous if flight deck decide to pull on to stand with stand guidance turned off (But thankfully very rare)

Along with a busy airport comes the busy roads inside it........Stuck behind an FMC or baggage tug can make a short journey rather long. I guess that could be factored into why it seems there is a shortage of dispatchers..........