PDA

View Full Version : VIP/Corporate

zlocko2002
6th Aug 2007, 05:58
I'm military pilot flying Mi-8/17. Recently I was ofered oportunity to fly private helicopter, and to get involved in proces of choseing which one to buy.
I have some expiriance (90hrs) with Bell-206, and had oportunity to fly cople of hours at 212, Uh-60, HH-3
Which helicopter would you recomend?
It should be able to take 1 pilot + 4-5 pax at 150-200NM
At first after looking some numbers A109 power looked nice but after reading about structural problems due to ''to much power'' maybe EC-135?
please any advice and expiriance

FFF
6th Aug 2007, 14:00
Deciding which helicopter to buy requires looking at a number of variables. As C&DD say, you want to determine the key mission requirements and some of the "nice haves" to find which model (or selection of models) that will perform the role you need. Then you can start looking at acquisition and operating costs.
Another key factor is delivery times if you are looking for a new aircraft.

As you come from a military background, you may be wise to get the advice of some people with experience in the commercial world, as VIP/Corporate flying has different considerations. And if you do, make sure they have decent experience with helicopters and not just fixed wing.

Good luck

Helinut
6th Aug 2007, 16:26
What do you or the possible owner of this helicopter want to do with it? You need to be able to naswer that question before you are able to specify a type of aircraft...........