PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express problem

Cornish Jack
4th Aug 2007, 16:41
Another plea for help!!
A friend's machine had e-mail problems. Eventually installed Tiscali dial-up but had to make two stabs at it, resulting in two different account identities. Initially worked OK with access being via the Outlook Express icon. Doing so now, however, dials into the first account rather than the second, active, one. If we log-in via the Tiscali icon or IE, we get the Tiscali home page and can then log-in to the correct account. Doing this, though, does not give access to the previous e-mails which include some important family photo attachments. I have been trying to modify the OE details to make it access the second account but can't find any method of doing so. Does anyone know if this can be done and, if so, how??
TIA

BOAC
4th Aug 2007, 17:26
Maybe a stoopid question, but have you deleted the incorrect account?

green granite
4th Aug 2007, 19:10
Try tools-accounts-new then set up the account using a different name.

Then use the switch identities facility in the file menu.

Cornish Jack
5th Aug 2007, 10:09
Thank you, both.
BOAC - might work, but how does one find ANY Outlook Express properties?? I have trawled through all the (to me) obvious areas but can find nothing which would allow me to modify or delete the account.
GG - Nothing in the Tools menu which gives that sequence.
Possible extra problem in that the OS is Win ME (yuck!!) and that Tiscali have their own, idiosynchratic, mail set-up ... not like any other version I've come across.

Mac the Knife
5th Aug 2007, 10:32
Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts

:ok:

BOAC
5th Aug 2007, 10:56
As Mac says - also (depending on the OE version) via OE/Tools/accounts /Mail. I confess to being a little confused as to what you have set up, but what does Mac's panel show you?

Cornish Jack
5th Aug 2007, 22:31
Thank you , Mac and BOAC.
I'll give that a try but the owner of the machine in question is away on hols at the moment so will have to get back to you. Can't try it on my 'pooter', 'cos it's set up quite differently plus using XP. .........

"belay m' last pipe" .... have just done a search for Outlook Express and found it 'lurking' - that sequence works OK on mine, so will give it a whirl on the ME machine when it's available again.
Thank you, both.